Clear all

Hey Everyone!

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Been gone for awhile so thought I'd say hello!

Been a busy summer! Got back into scuba diving, started jamming once a week with some friends, got married, went to the Bahamas, and started learning bass.

I got certified as an Open Water diver back in 2000, but didn't do a lot of diving due to lack of funds (it's an expensive hobby!). Well, with our honeymoon planned for the Bahamas I knew I wanted to do some diving, so I signed up for a refresher course and my wife signed up for classes to see if she would enjoy it. She did and got certified in July. After that I helped start a local dive club and started diving as often as we could (about every other weekend). We got to dive with sharks in the Bahamas and that was, by far, one of the most exciting moments of my life! Had around 10 or 12 reef sharks ranging in size from 5' to 12' circling us! Several times they got so close I could have reached my arm out and touched them! Very cool stuff.

Even though I've been good and busy, I have still been playing and practicing guitar. I've got two buddies that also play and we get together every Wednesday night for a jam session. I picked up a SX short scale bass and have been learning that since having three guitars can be a bit much. A few weeks ago we came up with a little tune with one of my buddies on harmonica, the other on an electric-acoustic, and me on bass. Sounded pretty cool and we plan on trying to get it recorded so we can share it. Still have my Epi LP and Splattercaster Strat. Been eyeing some Tele's lately though and will probably take one home soon.

The biggest news is that I got married September 9th. So now there's a Mrs. Crank-N-Jam. :D

Anyway, thought I'd say hello and now that the dust has settled, I plan on posting a bit more.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hey Jason

Great hearing from you.. Man, the word "Whirlwind" comes to mine. You been busy!! Hope to hear from from you now that things have settled.. OHH also glad you still got the Mrs Crank there. :D

Take care
Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Jason, congratulation, bud.

Talk about some serious life changes....man-o-man. What 3 months can do to someone, eh?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Jason! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys!

Yeah, I've been busy, to say the least. I missed posting on here, but I wasn't spending a ton of time online. When I was, I was busy telling scuba related stories on some of the sites I visit (and run). I'd pop on here once in a blue moon and lurk, but didn't really post.

I've gotten a lot more confident in my playing abilities lately, so hopefully I'll get the courage to participate in the online jams and such.

Just for kicks, I'll get a pic up tonight of the mrs. and me. That's one thing you aren't short on when getting married. :)

Jason

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Jason,

Glad to hear about the marriage! Congradulations.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Here's us cheesing. :D

This was taken at Casanova's at Sandals in the Bahamas.

Here

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Congradulations, on the weddign and the trip to the Bahamas, the carribean is my favorite vacation spot. Now if you can get the Mrs. to learn to play drums or piano your set :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

Been gone for awhile so thought I'd say hello!

Been a busy summer! Got back into scuba diving, started jamming once a week with some friends, got married, went to the Bahamas, and started learning bass.

I got certified as an Open Water diver back in 2000, but didn't do a lot of diving due to lack of funds (it's an expensive hobby!). Well, with our honeymoon planned for the Bahamas I knew I wanted to do some diving, so I signed up for a refresher course and my wife signed up for classes to see if she would enjoy it. She did and got certified in July. After that I helped start a local dive club and started diving as often as we could (about every other weekend). We got to dive with sharks in the Bahamas and that was, by far, one of the most exciting moments of my life! Had around 10 or 12 reef sharks ranging in size from 5' to 12' circling us! Several times they got so close I could have reached my arm out and touched them! Very cool stuff.

Even though I've been good and busy, I have still been playing and practicing guitar. I've got two buddies that also play and we get together every Wednesday night for a jam session. I picked up a SX short scale bass and have been learning that since having three guitars can be a bit much. A few weeks ago we came up with a little tune with one of my buddies on harmonica, the other on an electric-acoustic, and me on bass. Sounded pretty cool and we plan on trying to get it recorded so we can share it. Still have my Epi LP and Splattercaster Strat. Been eyeing some Tele's lately though and will probably take one home soon.

The biggest news is that I got married September 9th. So now there's a Mrs. Crank-N-Jam. :D

Anyway, thought I'd say hello and now that the dust has settled, I plan on posting a bit more.

Jason

I know how you feel about diving....I spent 6 years island hopping and diving the Carribean....perks of the job. What a great hobby to get into....if you ever get the chance, go to Bonaire....by far the best shore diving on this side of the world....check it out!

And congrats on the marriage....

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I know how you feel about diving....I spent 6 years island hopping and diving the Carribean....perks of the job. What a great hobby to get into....if you ever get the chance, go to Bonaire....by far the best shore diving on this side of the world....check it out!

And congrats on the marriage....

You aren't kidding! I had forgotten how exciting scuba was! I tell ya though, between guitar/bass and scuba I'm going to go broke! :shock:

I yet to make it to Bonaire, but just as you say, I've heard nothing but great things about that place. It's on the short list of places to visit, along with Australia, Hawaii and the Keys. The Keys will probably be first just because it's cheaper to get to. :)

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Welcome back Jason. Congratulations on your wedding, and give Mrs. Crank our best.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote