Skip to content
Hey, I'm new to thi...

Notifications
Clear all

Hey, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if I could get?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@zostar12)
Topic starter  

Hi,
I'm from South Australia, I haven't played the guitar before and am looking at getting an Ashton D25CEQ Acoustic/Electric Guitar. Does anyone have one? Would you recommend it? What Acoustic/Electric guitars would you recommend? I don't want to spend more than $300-$350 AUD.
Any help would be great!!

(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I know you haven't played guitar... but go out to stores, use you eyes and more importantly your ears and find something within the price range you want. If you have an idea of what you already wants go to Harmony-Central and read the reviews if that helps you, I would never bother - just buy the thing I think sounds good.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

like fleaaaaaa said, go to a guitar store - or a few guitar stores, if possible - check out the guitars - the right one will come to you. It'll feel right in your hands, it'll sound good to your novice touch, and it'll probably be cheaper than the one you were thinking of splashing out on. OK, the last one doesn't always apply - but go with the first two, and if you can afford it, get it.

Good luck!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Most of the stuff out there these days is pretty decent even lower end stuff so yes, even being a beginner, shop and buy what looks and feels good to you. Even what sounds good. Just pluck a few strings. You will hear the difference in the guitars. You don't actually have to play anything, just pluck a few strings.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Bring a friend that can play along with you...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote