Notifications
Clear all

Hot dang, its a Poll!

15 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@sly-and-the-family-stone)
Topic starter  

beyond the fact polls are fun and all, im interested to know :)

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

a 1960s Harmony acoustic. Barely playable... but it served me well. I'll never part with it, although I haven't played it in at least 20 years now.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

$50 P.O.S steel-string made in China. A present from my uncle that made me give up learning guitar TWICE. (First time was just lack of teaching. Second time was sheer pain from the high-gauge strings and lack of interest in what I was learning.)

After I changed the strings to a lower gauge, it became more tolerable to play, but the neck was glued on poorly, and it was cracking near where it was put together. I had already moved on to my lovely electric guitar at that point. The $20 I got for selling it to my local shop covered a much better purchase - a Los Lonely Boys songbook. :D

-Brian

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

A Washburn strat copy

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@dayzd)
Estimable Member

A Walden Steel String Acoustic. I still play her sometimes...when my electric's strings break...

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung

-----------------------

<--=-.._DayZd_..-=-->

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

Stage electric, 3 single coils, all are starting to go :(

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member

I borrowed my cousins acoustic for a couple of months because my parents were not sure I'd keep up with the guitar. That next christmas I got my black Cortez les paul copy. Still have it!

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

friggen sears silvertone 12 string :? (my dad bought it for me without asking)
it's amazing i still play at all :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

technically my first guitar was a no-brand nylon from the 60s, wit ha cracked headstock which was glued back on. Borrowed an electric (which I later bought) the week after. That electric is long gone and replaced, but the nylon one is still around. Will NEVER leave the house though. :D

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

1974 Ibanez 12 string acoustic. Had to restring it as a lefty. And my deepest sympathies to Twisted. Truly glad you're here with us!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

Nylon stringed Yamaha classical. I had about $100 in change that I had emptied from my pockets every night, so I bought a guitar. Had no idea what I was doing. It's got about three frets that don't buzz, which is why I let the kids play it now (see my avatar).

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@darkside23)
Eminent Member

Steel String Aria something or other!.. gift from my uncle... when he gave it to me i thought it was an electric (before i'd opened the box obviously), he gave me a photo copy of guitar payer volume 1 and a cassette with it aswell, i did not like the songs in the book so it went into the loft where it stayed for a few years before a work college introduced me to the blues. he taught me a little blues progression.. which made me get that guitar out again... so it's his fault i now have 2 electric guitars and a hole in my account... can't decide if i should thank him or not!

beware the Power of the Stratocaster, for once you start down the Fender Path, forever will it dominate your destiny

ReplyQuote
(@m07zm4n)
Estimable Member

the first guitar that I bought (well, got as a present...) was a Hona Strat Copy. I still have this one.
the first guitar that I played was a steel string. I can't remember what it was. But as a lefty I just (ab)used the guitar upside down. As I didn't know anything about the instrument it really wouldn't have been of any difference which kind of guitar (lefty, righty) I messed around with.
Well, speaking of it, I guess you really can't count that as playing...

So the first guitar I played and got ist the Hona electric :D

NO MORE THEORY!!
um...
KNOW MORE THEORY!!!!

<------>
motz
<------>

ReplyQuote
(@tonedeaf)
Trusted Member

i have only one... an accoustic... an alvarez aj60sc

ReplyQuote
(@phase90)

My first guitar was an electric guitar in 1997. It was a black w/ white pickguard Peavy Raptor (strat copy). It came with a Peavy Rage Trans Tube Amp (10 watt) in a beginners combo pack. The real fun came a year later when I purchased a Zoom 505 multi-effects pedal! :)

Excellent choice in my opinion as a first guitar! Didn't know anything about playing, so I learned a lot with it and played that combo for 4 years before I upgraded. I still have it and play it from time to time.

I've got a lot of good ideas. Trouble is... most of them suck!

ReplyQuote