Notifications
Clear all

How do you pronounce Les Paul ?

54 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@purple)
Reputable Member

In many places in the US it depends on gender (no kidding): Girls with a "z"; guys with an "s"
I am a girl and I say Les like Less. Honestly, if I ever heard someone say Lez Paul - I would think they were a female, possibly lesbian, cover band a la Lez Zeppelin. I also must say that I have certainly heard some questionable British execution of the Queen's language :wink: .

Okay -- too funny. Not the sex/gender of who is pronouncing it, but the bearer of the name = boy's name or girl's name.

"Lezley" is a girl ... "Lessley" is a boy.
Doh. That makes so much more sense. Feel a little silly and I agree that the female pronunciation is z and male is s. The only other male I know with the name 'Les' is, I kid you not, Les Payne. He is a pulitzer prize winning reporter and I know he pronounces his name as Less. If I was lesbian, I would consider Lez Paul as a stage name.

Have I mentioned my name is pronounced liked this: pure play. Bet you all were just saying purple. :wink:

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

I want to apologize to any and all who were offended by my earlier post on this thread. My post did not adequately express my sentiments nor did it reflect the high regard I hold for the many people I regard as "friends" on this forum. Once again I am sorry!
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I want to apologize to any and all who were offended by my earlier post on this thread. My post did not adequately express my sentiments nor did it reflect the high regard I hold for the many people I regard as "friends" on this forum. Once again I am sorry!
Robbie

Don't worry about it Robbie. That kind of stuff happens, I don't think anyone took a great deal of offence to it.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Robbie

Huh??? did it get deleted? darn, i miss all the good stuff :roll:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Robbie

... and looks me square in the eye and says "Kid, have you rehabilitated yourself?"

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Robbie

Hey Robbie, I've learned to let stuff slide. Mostly, I just didnt understand where you were coming from. I dont try to be ignorant but its impossible to know everything. But apology accepted and I hope we'll get to be a couple of those friends you speak about.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

D'Addario: da-dairy-oh or dee-a-dairy-oh?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Da-dar-rio

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@wupperelfe)

@greybeard

Most people that I know, would pronounce it Lez Paul (other than the Germans, of course).

Please help a German girl out here - what is it that we - of course - mispronounce ?

This post was modified 2 years ago by Wupperelfe

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4