Notifications
Clear all

How to learn Harmonica

18 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

If I'd waited one more day, it would be four years since the last post here. But because I learned some things from this thread, I think it was well worth resurrecting it. :mrgreen:

So, who's still playing harp, who's recently added harp to their repertoire, or who's just thinking about learning harmonica? I've got a set of the low-budget Hohner "Piedmont Blues" (A-G, including a B flat), good enough for now. I'd probably practice more if I wasn't concerned about making the dogs howl and La Wife annoyed. :P

BTW, I got here by looking up David Hodge's lesson on "Harvest Moon." That's another one of those lovely little tunes that show Neil Young's "other side." (When he's not being the "Godfather of Grunge." :wink: I like his hard-rockin' stuff, too.)

Play on! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

So, who's still playing harp, who's recently added harp to their repertoire, or who's just thinking about learning harmonica? I've got a set of the low-budget Hohner "Piedmont Blues" (A-G, including a B flat), good enough for now. I'd probably practice more if I wasn't concerned about making the dogs howl and La Wife annoyed. :P
Play on! 8)

I am still playing harp and guitar. More guitar now than harp. Still play mostly 1st position and still using the Lee Oskars. My wife and I have an acoustic duo and play a couple of small churches in the area.

I recently started using the Hohner Flex Rack for playing harp with guitar. It has a nice feel and quite a bit of adjustability. Pricey though.

We are getting ready to play a benefit Saturday. We play a combination of old gospel blues and some contemporary Christian songs that have the same feel. Needtobreathe has a couple that we use.

Remember any note that you don't blow..sucks! :lol:

Jack

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

Remember any note that you don't blow..sucks! :lol: Classic. :lol:
Glad to hear you're still at it, Jack. 8)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2