i bought an ipod

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

a new ipod! woooo!

I currently own a Dell DJ that holds 15GB of music. Most people would think "isn't that plenty to hold all your music?" You would be correct. So those people would also ask "why did you buy an ipod??"

well

I bought the new video equipped U2 Special Edition. really, i only bought it cos it's U2 related.

Yeah, im an obsessed fan. but i love it

thought i'd share.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, good for you, U2!! Whatever keeps you happy is a good thing! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

An ipod is always good for health of the guitarists :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

An ipod is always good for health of the guitarists :wink:

I have a regular 30gb video iPod and LOVE it! I upgraded from a 4gb iPod mini (which I will be selling). The mini's feel a bit sturdier (made of metal) but the video is also solidly made.

Congrats

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Believe it or not, I have an original iPod--the very first model that came out--that I still use, and it still works perfectly. None of this fancy video and color that you youngsters have nowadays. And only compatible with a Mac. At the time, I was one of a pretty small number of people to actually have one. I would have people stopping me on campus everyday to look at it. On a campus of 40,000 people I saw only one other person who had one. Now if you don't have one, people are stopping you asking you where your iPod is. That's right, I'm a trend setter. 8) I do want a new one though, because 5 GB just isn't enough to hold all my music. But I gotta say, after five years of of owning this thing and using it constantly every day, I'm kind of surprised it still works as good as it did on day one.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I still use a 512mb MP3 sticky. I listen to whatever is on it, and when I get bored I get some new records and put them on. I really like to listen to a small selection of music in a week and focuss on it so I don't need the uber capacity of the more expensive devices. Heck, I rarely even use the full capacity of the sticky anyway. :D

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I have a 128meg Nomad MuVo and the Motorola Sliver (cell phone). The cell phone carries 512megs but is a pain in the rear. I had to convert all my songs to the itunes format (which took forever!) and it took a long time to download all the songs.

The memory stick was great but, I couldn't keep a lot on it because I had to transfer files from home and work. Then, I left the batteries in it for a while ( :oops: ) and they leaked... and now the mp3 player doesn't work.

Does anyone think if I refresh the contacts, the thing will work again? The memory part still works fine, just the player.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

No idea at all, but nowadays a 128mb player costs less then the batteries so it might be easier to replace it. My sticks die every year or so. :D

ReplyQuote
(@jcjxxl)
Trusted Member

Never was big on the Ipod craze. I use a little memory based 512mb MP3 player for when I am at the gym. Memory based are a little more durable than a hard drive based mp3 player such as the Ipod. However, I bought my wife a video Ipod a few months ago when they first came out and she uses it for audio books when she is traveling on the road. Now that idea I think is great. She has a little adapter for the car that transmits the Ipod audio to the card radio. So much easier to listen to an audiobook all the way through on an Ipod versus swapping oout CDs every half hour or so.

Thats the only advantage I could see to having an Ipod.

ReplyQuote
(@valleykayaker)

A few months back I bought the 30GB iPod. As far as durability, I take it running with me and haven't had any problems. I have found another use for it too. Some of the books I have that I am learning from have CDs with them. I transfer the tracks onto it and find it a bit more convenient to use. Sometimes if take one of my books with me into Starbucks to study some of the parts I need to read up on I have the practice tracks right there also. :D

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

I have a third-generation 20GB iPod. But I need a new MP3 player because I have close to 35GB on my computer and it is always going up.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote