Clear all

I have a... Dilemma...

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I didnt know if this was the right place to put this but, Ill try anyway.

I had decided to sell my (only)Bass guitar & Amp to one of my friends because I hardly used it. I thought it would be better to get a Electric guitar amp so my other guitar would sound better, since ive been hooking it up to the bass amp.
Then, I had talked to another guy about this, and he said that he did the same thing one time, and he deeply regreted it. But the problem is, I already have a deal with my friend to sell it to him, and hes coming over this weekend to check it out. So since Im selling my only amp :oops: ive been looking for another one. But I want to find another Bass guitar too. Is there any way I can hook up both guitars to one amp? Or should I just not get another one? I would really hate to have to call off the deal, because I wouldnt want to dissapoint him, but also I want to get another amp anyway(higher watts too.)
I would appreciate the comments.

medarrah

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

There's no rule that says you have to sell it. You could always just say you have changed your mind. I would do this before they make the trip over, though.

However, if you are going to replace it, you should maybe shop around for the replacement first so you have a goal and maybe make it easier to unload your current gear.

Also, if you have an amp with dual inputs you should be able to plug two guitars in at once. May limit you on the dual volume and tone abilities. Depends on the amp.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Like Bish said, you can always change your mind. IMHO a guitar thru a bass amp will sound better than a bass thru a regular amp, but others may feel differantly.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I agree with Causnorign... I've got both ... a regular guitar amp and a bass amp. I will occasionally play my guitar through the bass amp, but never my bass through the guitar amp.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote