I have hit the charts !

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi ,

Its been a week of some action over the online space for me.My song 'Country Roads' has reached the #24 position in Acoustic Cover Songs chart...which is very encouraging.That has only been possible to all of you , who have gone out there , bear through my songs and voted for them...

Only now i have realised that i should have posted the song under Country Cover songs category but that's ok.Now i don't want to change the genre as it will wipe away the song from the chart !

Another , though not very good one - 'Nothing's gonna change my love for you' has reached #127 in the Acoustic - Acoustic Guitar charts in one day.That also makes me feel good you know.

Please do point out my mistakes and also suggest me which new artists i should explore my musical style in.You know i already am a fan of beatles type music and also country music (john denver) and even some blues in pink floyd.

Your suggestions really help a lot , thanks :D ,

Rahul

P.S.- Link to both above charts are -

1.www.soundclick.com/genres/chartsSub.cfm?genre=Acoustic&subgenre=196&currentpage=1

2.www.soundclick.com/genres/chartsSub.cfm?genre=Acoustic&subgenre=23&currentpage=3

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats Rahul!!!!

Way to go!

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Holy smokes Rahul, I am so impressed!!

I went to your soundclick site the other day but I thought you were posting the originals out there, I had no idea that you were covering them. I listened to Country Roads, and voted HOT I might add. Terrific.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That's great, Rahul!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

way to go rahul, can i borrow a million bucks? lol , were happy for you, outstanding 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@grump)

Great job.

Grump :evil:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”

~ Albert Einstein

So why is it that I keep playing guitar???

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The charts update.I put the songs into their proper categories according to me and these are the results -
Charts: Only your strongest songs appear in the charts.

Currently in the daily charts:

main genres:
Harvest Moon:
· #263 in the Acoustic charts
· #40 in the Acoustic General sub charts

Warning:
· #742 in the Rock charts
· #70 in the Punk sub charts

With a little help from my friends:
· #715 in the Pop charts
· #259 in the Pop General sub charts

only in sub genres:
Country Roads:
· #14 in the Acoustic : Cover Songs sub charts

Comfortably Numb:
· #10 in the Blues : Cover Songs sub charts

While my guitar gently weeps:
· #29 in the Acoustic : Folk sub charts

Summer of 69:
· #47 in the Acoustic : Acoustic Rock sub charts

Nothing's gonna change my love for you:
· #93 in the Acoustic : Acoustic Guitar sub charts

Papa:
· #74 in the Acoustic : Acoustic Folk sub charts

Words:
· #121 in the Pop : Cover Songs sub charts

I mean this is amazing , awesome and delirious.I though my recording quality sucked and my voice was breaking off in the higher reaches (which actually is...and i need to work upon it alongwith my guitar !) , still people have been generous enough to vote me to the charts.

You all have really made it possible and i have to say my heartiest thanks to you.(Though my message board there is still sleeping :lol:)

Its bewildering to know that i am with David Hodge on the Acoustic folk charts (with he on 18 and me on 29th ).Is even a slight comparison allowed ....

David , i have to thank you personally for 'Harvest moon' signature hook as i took it out from your lesson.And that song is doing #40 in the main genres.I have mentioned your name in my soundpage and i want to thank you here too.

As again , please listen and vote and comment.And always be ready for some surprises out of rahul. :wink:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Its bewildering to know that i am with David Hodge on the Acoustic folk charts (with he on 18 and me on 29th ).Is even a slight comparison allowed ....

It's more than allowed! And you probably will pass me up at some point as well as I think (and I might be mistaken on this) that the charts are actually the result of the number of times a song is listened to, not voted on.

I'm actually surprised I'm still up on the lists! :wink:

Good work, sir! And I hope we get to hear more from you.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Good for you Rahul! Time to shake the charts with your own material Indian Style! :) And yeah, David is correct. For example, most of my tunes have entered the top10 subcharts. That doesn't mean I rock harder then you or David, it means I spam more and harrass people into listening. ;) Seriously, use the charts if you need an enthousiasm-boost but don't use it to compare your music. Odds are that if you write your own tune it will end lower in the charts because the songtitle is less known, regardless of how cool your song is!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hey Arjen , thanks for suffering through my recordings and giving your input..:)

Lets discuss what's going on with me exactly...shall we?

I have tried and made modest efforts to learn guitar myself and with the help of the copius number of lessons on the internet with the more important ones being here on GN and many other sites.

Now i have always wanted to record , but can't for the reason i gave in the 'hear here' section.It's no use repeating it , i think.

I have expanded my music tastes to a wide number of mostly old style english music and the guitar compliments it well.(I tried doing classical , still try some of its techniques and hope i will find some time to learn some pieces...)

So , i just strum my guitar alongwith the earphones and get the lyrics from the internet.I have almost no knowledge of scales etc so i don't (or rather cannot) play leads.Secondly , even if i play that odd lead or two , i cannot mix them , thanks to my less memory in the computer.

I try to make my strumming as innovative as possible and i am hungry for learning more and more.Recording myself has became such an addiction to me , that all these oceans of songs which you see on my site are result of playing and singing them for a full year , time and again.

I want to work on one of my own song , but i always get lazy...:oops:

Also i visit everyday studio-central forums where tweak's guide encourages me to someday have a decent computer/mixer based studio of mine :wink:

And oh the charts.There is absolutly no comparison done.They only encouraged me (much you know) and i got the notion that atleast people like hearing my voice and my somewhat crude guitar playing..(Also thank god , soundclick allows any no. of songs in a short period , SPAM :lol:)

It is usually tough to cover a hindi song on a guitar simply because they are generally not guitar based.They contain traditional instruments and heaps of synth sounds and drumpads which if i attempt to transcribe on guitar would end up in almost 15 or 20 chord variations in one song alone.However i would do my best to put one.

As again , thanks for listening (and for those sore ears...) and your valuable comments , 8)

Rahul

ReplyQuote