Clear all

i iv v songs

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I am putting together a long medley of as many songs with this chord progression as i can. The idea is to play almost like a disco without stops between the songs to keep a full dancfloor - the only thing is, this is not as easy as i thought it would be :oops:

i seem to be drawing a blank - i have johnny b goode, mustang sally, hound dog - but cant seem to think of any others that have the chords in the same order as these songs :oops:

does anybody have any ideas of songs which might fit this medley - they dont have to be in the same key, just follow the typical 12 bar progression??

thanks
Al
p.s they wouldnt have to be old style rocknroll like chuck berry, tunes from any era would be fine :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

There's always Green Onions.

Hey send this post to our bass player that's all he wants to play... :lol:

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Take most country songs, they're not only I IV V, but mostly G, C, D.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Try throwing in songs from different eras - say, Be-bop-a-lula, Johnny B Goode and Summertime Blues from the 50's; Love Me Do, Wild Thing and Louie Louie (although that's actually I-IV-Vm) and Hang On Sloopy from the 60's; Rock'n'roll (Led Zep,) Hot Legs from the 70's.....etc etc etc. These are just a few that spring readily to mind.

For a little variation, try throwing in a few choruses with a V-IV-I progression - Mama Weer All Crazee Now springs to mind, there's probably hundreds, maybe thousands of others - mind's gone blank!

Dynamically, try alternating rock songs with country songs and blues songs - vary the tempo a little.

Just a few suggestions off the top of my head.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Afterthought........Twist and Shout and La Bamba.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

there are tons of vintage 12 bar songs.
my brain exploded trying to write them all down.
you cannot do wrong with anything by Chuck Berry.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I read it as a request for minor key blues songs (i iv v vs I IV V). I think "The Thrill is Gone" qualifies.

ReplyQuote