Clear all

I think its new Pickup time

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ive been playing both my Epiphone LP-100 and my Ibanez S540 (HSH), and ive encountered a bit of a dilemma.
i love the tone of my LP, but its got electrical problems, missing hardware, finish problems-problems problems problems! My Ibanez is mint, gorgeous, and plays nicely other than a bit of a tough action that im not sure how to fix, but the tone just isnt the same. I play classic rock, a little bit of clash-punk type stuff, and a little blues(not much but i love that blues tone). The Ibanez is too metal-y. Would a change in pups help me out? Any reccomendation for which puppies?

Thanks~Mike

"This is a public service announcement....with guitars!"

(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

really? nothing at all?

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

bu bu bump bu bu bump bu bu bump bump bump!

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

Do you know what pickups are in your guitar now??? A lot of the Metal pickups will have really high outputs, while the more vintage pickups will have lower outputs allowing the amps tone to come through more. Most metal is just about gain and distortion so high output is really good. Check out the Dimarzio or Seymour Duncan websites, they have a lot of FAQs regarding types of pickups and Dimarzio even has a pickup picker on their page. I would link it but its a flash site so it wouldn't work, just go to pickups and i believe its in the bottom right side.

Good Luck, and i'm sure someone else will give a better answer soon.

ReplyQuote
(@mikecullen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

my current pickups are the dimarzio Ibanez stock pickups. the guitar is an older S540. Theres an IBZUSA F1 in the neck, a C2 in the middle, and an F2 in the bridge.

ReplyQuote
(@tom-d)
Eminent Member

sell your xbox to a minor inexperienced in trading for 200 bucks and use the money to get parts for the epi and while your at it give the little kid a qaurter to look for your wah ped. :)

ReplyQuote