Skip to content
I Used To Love Her ...

Notifications
Clear all

I Used To Love Her - But It's All Over Now....

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I can honestly say, most of the songs I grew up with, I still get a buzz from hearing them on the radio on an oldies show - but there's a few songs I loved later on, as a teenager, that I absolutely cannot stand now.

Blockbuster and Hellraiser by the Sweet - Ilisten to them now, and think, "God I must have been out of my teenage mind to have bought those!

Rock'n'roll part 2 by Gary Glitter - I liked it at the time but now - well, his repugnant lifestlye just gets in the way, can't listen to any of his songs any more.

Same goes for M*** J*** - I utterly loathe the freak he's become. There was a time (I was 15 at the time!) I'd sing along to "Rockin' Robin" on the radio - now, I just want the horrible little freak to go away. They say there's no smoke without fire - I'd love to know why you'd pay someone $20m to keep their mouth shut if there was nothing to keep quiet. Seems I'm in the minority there - his fans just won't let go. Yeeeeuch!

There are others - and there are songs which I've loved for over 40 years which refuse to go away. (Beatles, Stones, Who, Dylan, Byrds...)

So what songs did you used to love, but hate now?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@clau20)
Reputable Member

I'm a Bon Jovi fan (not an old fan, I started to listen to them seriously in 2005). I discovered their solo stuff. I still love the bluesy-rock album of Richie Sambora (the guitarist) but the solo album of Jon Bon Jovi, I can't stand it now..

I don't talk abotu Blaze of Glory (some nice songs on that one), but his album called Destination Anywhere...

I used to love Float On by Modest Mouse... Now, I hate that song, can't listen to it... It hurts...

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@wabbit)

Crimson and Clover over and over and over and over and over Arrrggghhh!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Vic, this is a tough one. I've had many a tune that I felt was overplayed to death. It's taken me a couple of decades to be able to listen to some things again. Boston and Aerosmith efforts were often overplayed as I remember. I can listen to both now, though.

I'm probably able to seperate music from personal habits more than most people, but I too find it difficult to listen to some people because of personal idiosincracies or eccentricities. MJ is one for sure. It helps, though, if you think of him as dead and some imposter from another planet assumed his identity. Kind of a good-Mike/bad-Mike thing. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Hmmmm ... I had a lot of songs I really hated, and they were one hit wonders. The ones I liked? I still do and they play them every day on the radio on classic rock stations. At least I am consistant I suppose. You know something though? I didn't start listening to music til I was 15, so that might have something to do with it.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Everything...well not really but close to it and I wouldn't call it hate that's a bit strong more like I'd rather listen to something newer.

So I grew up with "classic" rock and mostly play classic rock but I don't listen to classic rock if I don't have to for the most part.

I quess I'm weird like that and like i mentioned I don't hate the classic rock stuff it's just way to played out for the most part.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Where do you go - No Mercy
Mambo No. 5 - Lou Bega
All songs of Bon Jovi

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

No Doubt "Hella Good"

The radio just overkilled that song for me back in '01.

Metallica's black album. :shock:

I just don't listen to it anymore.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote