Clear all

I Won The Powerball!

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Never bought a lottery ticket before. Everybody was going on about the $340 million jackpot, so when I gassed up this evening I thought I'd give it a go. Stood in a long line. Put in $20. Won $30. YEEEE-HAW!

I won't forget my friends I had before I hit it rich.
:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats!!!!

I saved money. I didn't play at all. I'm just waiting for some really big money, you know, make it worth the effort to buy a ticket. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Alrighty! Coffee is on Ricochet :!: :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lmao ricochet...

I seriously thought you won the big jackpot. I read the first line or so, and then read the next post, and then the next...And then I finished reading your post, and I smacked my self.

Congrats on the 30 bucks :)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

lmao ricochet...

I seriously thought you won the big jackpot. I read the first line or so, and then read the next post, and then the next...And then I finished reading your post, and I smacked my self.

Congrats on the 30 bucks :)

Now that is funny...

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

Lol, I've played the lottery twice in my life. The most recent time I played it I got 3/6 numbers right and a bonus number right...odds were something like 1 in 500...that won me $10. :P That being said...I've definetly gambled more than twice in my life :lol:

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

When I was 12 my grandpa bought me a scratch off ticket (my first time playing a lottery of any sort) and I won $25. I was pretty happy, and he seemed shocked that I actually won something since he plays all the time and never wins anything. I've bought regular lottery tickets a few times over the years, but don't think I've even matched a single number. I imagine my big haul at age 12 was my peak of my lottery playing career.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I won't forget my friends I had before I hit it rich.

Brilliant stuff!

You do realise of course that with wealth comes social responsibility. So I hope that we will all soon be able to access many fine community projects that your fabulous riches have endowed. :D

I am also wealthy through the good grace of a lottery win. The first time I bought a ticket I won $100. I figured that if I quit while I was ahead I would be one of the very few people ever to make an overall profit from buying lottery tickets. So I never bought another one.

My new wealth duly endowed the Mundaring Home for the Musically Bewildered. So far I'm the only inmate, but I figure that keeping myself off the streets is a valuable community service....

Cheers, and enjoy the riches (watch out for Paris Hilton - she'll be after you now...)

Cheers Chris.

ReplyQuote
(@scott_r)
Trusted Member

You should put that in the bank and try to live off the interest.

That, or buy a couple sets of strings.

One or the other.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations,
It will be interesting in the next few weeks to see how much this will change you :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, I went and cashed in the tickets. Bought me a couple of those hot pickled "Tijuana Mama" sausages while I was at it. Got to do a little livin' high on the hog.

I split the sausages with my music teacher.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote