Clear all

Ibanez or Jackson

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I currently have a G&L S-500 which I inheirited. I am looking for a humbucker guitar with a tremolo. My G&L just doesn't seem to cover it anymore, also looking to possibly sell it. Anyway, what model Jackson and/or Ibanez for under $600

(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

It's completly up to you what you get. It is all about personal preference. Go to a store and play a bunch of different models and get the one that feels the best to you. That's the only way.

I personally like Jacksons better, i have a DX10D(great guitar at a good price), i just don't like how most Ibanezs feel, but that's just me.

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

ReplyQuote
(@tuna-melt)
Trusted Member

I would honestly say go with an Ibanez. I've owned a Jackson RR3 which cost me around $650 and my girlfriend's Ibanez (not sure which model) which cost around 300. The sad part is, even with 2 year old strings on it, the Ibanez plays better than my Jackson did. With the Jackson, there was too much sustain, so I couldn't sweep pick without hearing all the other notes ring out. The Ibanez has just as much gain and action (if not better) and better tone, however doesn't look nearly as cool and doesn't have a Floyd Rose (which I miss terribly).

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I currently have a G&L S-500 which I inheirited. I am looking for a humbucker guitar with a tremolo. My G&L just doesn't seem to cover it anymore, also looking to possibly sell it. Anyway, what model Jackson and/or Ibanez for under $600

I might be interested in the S-500 and live in the NY metro area. PM me if you are ever serious about selling.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I don't know if you've made any decisions on either brand of guitar but I have a bit of experience with the Ibanez.

I am playing an RG350MDX shown here

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350MDX

I'm not sure what you are looking for but this is way more than I would have expected from this price point guitar.

The speed of the neck is similar to a MIM Tele or Strat. Sort of a Satin finish but very nice. I think the neck is wide and thin. (Not sure I understand that dimension but going there anyway.) FR Trem is interesting. I think I've gotten it figured out and actually tuned this monster up myself. OK, so what if it took 3 days? :x I got it. :P

Touch a string and it sings like a baby. H's or P's, doesn't matter. It responds fast and accurate. TREM is Divebomb...need I say more? Light weight and easy to play and I'm old so if you are younger, you should be breezing through leads easy as anything.

For the money and a guitar that screams, here's a good deal.

I got mine at my local fun shop, used, but in mint condition. Saved a bunch so I'm more than happy.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@soupy11)

I don't know if you've made any decisions on either brand of guitar but I have a bit of experience with the Ibanez.

I am playing an RG350MDX shown here

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG350MDX

I'm not sure what you are looking for but this is way more than I would have expected from this price point guitar.

The speed of the neck is similar to a MIM Tele or Strat. Sort of a Satin finish but very nice. I think the neck is wide and thin. (Not sure I understand that dimension but going there anyway.) FR Trem is interesting. I think I've gotten it figured out and actually tuned this monster up myself. OK, so what if it took 3 days? :x I got it. :P

Touch a string and it sings like a baby. H's or P's, doesn't matter. It responds fast and accurate. TREM is Divebomb...need I say more? Light weight and easy to play and I'm old so if you are younger, you should be breezing through leads easy as anything.

For the money and a guitar that screams, here's a good deal.

I got mine at my local fun shop, used, but in mint condition. Saved a bunch so I'm more than happy.

Hey Bish, this is one of the best response posts I have seen. Awesome! Thanks.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

How about this Jackson. I might be interested in selling it. only used it a couple times:

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote