Skip to content
If you could have a...

Notifications
Clear all

If you could have anybody's guitar,whose would you choose?

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Me,I'd take Brian May's Red Special. No ,not the Burns model,the orginal one.It is truely on of a kind guitar.You don't see hardly any homemade guitars that had stood the test of time,yet that on has.Willlie Nelson's Trigger comes second,but I'd be afraid to play it.It would make some good wall art some day and no doubt it be worth a million when he passes on.Can't say there would be a whole lot of the artists guitars I would really want,since most are normal guitars,it's the players that made them special.Anyway,which artists guitar would you want,if you could buy it?

(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Michael Hedges, "Barbara"....only problem is, it really belongs in a museum now.

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Is that the harp guitar? You can get them for $2500.I was shocked as well when I read that somehere.

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

No, that was his trusty D-28

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Ok.I guess it's because I bought his first album "Aerial Boundries" that featured a picture of the harp guitar.That's the one I would've chose.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

SRV's Number One.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

Gilmour's (disputed) Serial #1 strat...

As amazing as that guitar would be... "the black strat" would probably be at the top of my list.

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

pretty much my own. and I'd rather play with those unique or exceptional guitarists/musicians/songwriters than their "famous" guitars.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Agreed. Although I hope it'll be several more years before I get to see Stevie in person. :lol:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

If I remember correctly, Grease has a G & L Strat that sounds like it might be something special. :-)

Seriously- it's the player that makes the guitar, not the other way around. I'm happy with the instruments I have. Just wish I could play as well as some of those guys!

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Seriously- it's the player that makes the guitar, not the other way around. I'm happy with the instruments I have. Just wish I could play as well as some of those guys!
Best,
Ande

Yes,I agree 100%.I was talking about those special custom or homemade guitars you don't see very often.Now you couldn't give me Prince's symbol guitar,that thing is down right ugly.Several years ago I saw one production guitar I wished I had.It belonged to an older gentlemen down the road from us,a orginal '51 Telecaster.The fretboard was colored and worn where fingers had made a dent in the fretboard.Coolest guitar I've ever seen.The Re-Issues don't even come close.So at least I got to play it,big flatwound strings and all.

ReplyQuote
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

I'd choose Ry Cooder's Strat, the one with the Oahu and Teisco pickups. Regardless of whether I could make it sound the way Cooder makes it sound.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ax, nor his amp, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@lue42)
Reputable Member

For me, it would not be owning the guitar because of the way it sounds or that it would make me play better or different.

I interpreted the original post to be asking more in a collectible point of view... which guitar would you want to OWN - kind of like "If you could chose to own any hockey card... which one?"

As I said above... for me it has to be The Black Strat

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

I interpreted the original post to be asking more in a collectible point of view...

I don't "collect." Collectors are the reason that '59 Les Pauls and vintage Fender tweedies are priced the way they are. Fie upon them. :evil: Guitars are meant to be played.
As I said above... for me it has to be The Black Strat

I'd be afraid to touch the thing, much less play it. Pass.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2