Clear all

If You Only Could Have One...

37 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

With all the GAS and talk of different gear (I am one of the worst offenders) on the board, I started thinking about what one guitar would be my choice if I could only own one? I am having a hard time deciding: I love my American Strat, my Gibson LPs (x3), my Rickenbacker 360 - heck all of them!

I am thinking I might pick my Strat, since it is very versitile, feels great to play, etc. But, could I live without my favorite LP?!? Sometimes I really envy those players that have found their one and only!

What about you?

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

:D
P
:wink:
R
:mrgreen:
S
8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I already own the one guitar that I would want to own. My Schecter C1EA is incredible for me. It beautiful and sounds great. Its also easier to play and any I have tried.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I think maybe an LP....although I don't own one, but the Strat would be up there, the only neg about the LPis the weight.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

My Strat. I play the LP from time to time. Probably I played it a half dozen times since I got the Strat.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Ibanez Iceman. Assuming, of course, that they play how I've been told they play... I've never even seen one in the flesh let alone get my grubby little mitts on one, but everything I've ever heard makes it sound like it's been dialled in for me - and they're the coolest looking things I've ever seen too :mrgreen: That'll just inch it out above an original '59 Les Paul.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@elderberry)
Eminent Member

This would have to be my amateurly refinished Ibanez AS73 with retrotrons. It fits my budget, fits my sound, and is now totally unique in its chocolate brown paint.

My 70s strat is fun every once in a while, but it just doesn't have that "holy grail" quality for me.

Off topic, but is there a way to upload pictures straight from one's hard drive here or do all images have to have URLs?

King Harvest has surely come.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Off topic, but is there a way to upload pictures straight from one's hard drive here or do all images have to have URLs?
Not quite straight here, but as close as makes no odds - just upload them to imageshack/photobucket/etc., (there's a million of them) and you'll usually get a page with a bit of code back that can be pasted straight into your reply...

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Gotta go with Jeff Beck signature Strat, I think. Although if the house was burning down I'd be saving my pops' 2 guitars for sentimental reasons and uff the strat. I really love LP's and don't mind the weight at all, but when you find a Strat that feels comfortable its like finding true love, lol.

For acoustic it has to be the Martin D15 - 8 years of wanting one and I still rate it as my number 1 acoustic guitar. Same goes with the JB strat - I love PRS and really want a CE22 or Soapbar MCCarty, but its the JB strat that wins out every time. If I was given a choice of one free guitar that I couldn't sell on or whatever, it'd be that JB. PRS will simply have to wait.

Though my ex-Chemitry teacher in school had a beautfiul Patrick Eggle that was a dream to ply - so anyone on the lookout for a PRS or similar should really give Patrick Eggles a try (go on Bish, you know you want one :wink: ).

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

My USA 50th anni strat, no doubt. i haven't found a tone i can't come at least passibly close to reproducing with it yet,
and no guitar i've ever held feels so natural to me.

but, i will be keeping an open mind.....

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I'm tempted to say my G&L S500 (a really good Strat). But I think that in the long run, some sort of Tele would serve me better ... maybe even my lowly, no-name Beatercaster.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

From the ones I own, probably the EPI LP Custom. Not sure about of what's out there. I have not picked up a high dollar guitar in quite some time. Too afraid. :) :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

My Yamaha Pacifica. It was once a 112XJ, but I've butchered it several times since it had an accident. Latest mod the other day was a coil tap switch for the bridge humbucker (which is actually a hot rails pickup floating in a hole designed for a normal 'bucker!!). As it stands now, it will do a fairly good impression of strat tones, but will dirty up if I switch in both bridge coils. The vibrato arm gives me a bit of flexibility for using the guitar in styles of music which lend itself to, but the overall tone is pretty good anyway. It's painted in "worn black" . . . it was a satin black but it lives a fairly rough life (it's out all the time and is the guitar I always reach for if I just want to play something on the spur of the moment) so the paint has chipped off here and there, as well as polished where it rests against my clothes. But I love it. :) 8)

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

No Question

My '73 Strat has been my go to guitar for 35 years.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

My SG.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3