Notifications
Clear all

im new here, line 6 vs digitech?

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@gnr_for_life)
Topic starter  

well, i havent been playing for long, about 5-6 months and my family wants to know what effect pedal to buy me.

digitcech:
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/st...ategorySA182623

the thing about digtech is it looks harder to use, but it appears to have more effects and it has a USB

line 6:
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/st...ategorySA182623

line 6 appears simple to use.

comments and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Your links are not working.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@gnr_for_life)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I use a floor pod and have been very happy with it. Often at gigs I'm able to use it without an amp if the monitors are sufficient. I'm not familiar with the digitech pedal.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I actually like neither of them very much, the POD has better sounds though. In that pricerange I suggest the Zoom G2.

ReplyQuote
(@glynn)
Eminent Member

hi all, just wondering if anyone has any experience of this piece of kit, and if so what they thought of it, is it any good etc, thinking of getting myself one, but before buying just wanted to know what others think of it.

cheers, glynn.

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

i own a pod 2.0 with no floor board and am looking for something else. however, i have PLAYED an x3 owned by a friend. he also owned the floorboard. now the sound was awesome, and we were only using a cheap practice amp. he does however own a real gibson les paul, so i dont know how much that affected the sound.

anyway, if i had the money, based on my experience i would buy one with the floorboard.

but i would take other peoples advice more seriously than mine in this area.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@gnr_for_life)
Topic starter  

thanks alot, ill check it out

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I have the floor pod and it's ok. I only use it for recording because I prefer my amp's natural sound. I have used it with the amp for tremolo with the amp modeling turned off. I bought one of the Zoom products first and I can compare them sound-wise, but usability-wise, the POD wins. The Zoom's buttons were too small and too close together. They were these little round knobs and since I never wear shoes in my house, they killed my feet trying to change the preset. Plus it was just more difficult to create and store presets, the POD just makes it simple.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I'm merging two pod discussions here.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@glynn)
Eminent Member

sorry, my fault, i was ment to post a new topic but was reading your post, and wrote my topic as a reply to yours, sorry.

ReplyQuote