Clear all

I'm Not Dead Yet

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

It's true! I'm still alive! I haven't been around much with the new addition to the family. My daughter keeps me pretty busy. Thankfully we have similar tastes in music. Who would've thought heavy metal would calm a baby down?

Speaking of tastes, mine have been expanding. I've been listening to orchestral stuff, mostly opera and stuff based on video games. You'll also be proud to hear that I'm into classic rock. Elvis Prestly depending on your definition of classic rock.

Guitarwise, I haven't had much time but I strum a few chords here and there. A co-worker has invited me to join their band as their singer. I may take him up on the offer once things with the baby settled down.

I'm back to work. I was offered a promotion so I ended my leave with my BF taking the rest of the leave. Couple months later I was offered yet another promotion and accepted it. So yeah, it's been crazy…

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

(@alangreen)

What a hectic time. Congrats on the promotions, it's not easy holding down a job these days.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

It all sounds good! Wait until she's old enough to play along with you - it's great!

And as a dad who took my leave after my wife went back to work (twice), I can tell you that it is the best thing ever.

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Congrats on the new addation, and the promotions!!! Kids can keep you hopping I know that!!! Just starting to free up some time now and mine are 5-9. But then all the activitys start up!!!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Welcome back MommaSunset ! Congrats with your daughter and promotion. :D

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on both counts!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Great to hear from you! Congrats on (A) your daughter and (B) your new job. Can't be easy juggling responsibilities. Good to hear you're still playing and singing, too. Oh, Elvis is DEFINITELY classic rock....it's where it all started.
Who would've thought heavy metal would calm a baby down?

At least three of my grandkids, when they were babies, I tried to calm them down by playing gentle, soothing guitar music and crooning along....seemed to make 'em more cranky. BUT.....if I turned the gain up, cranked the volume up and played slide guitar, they'd all ROCK that bouncer! Bad to the Bone and Rocky Mountain Way were particular favourites, but anything LOUD and with lots of slide would get the little so-an-so's gurgling away happily!

Lots of GN love to baby Sunset - what did you call her?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

props and good wishes. sounds like you are making new connections. sounds good.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

It's true! I'm still alive! I haven't been around much with the new addition to the family. My daughter keeps me pretty busy. Thankfully we have similar tastes in music. Who would've thought heavy metal would calm a baby down?

Speaking of tastes, mine have been expanding. I've been listening to orchestral stuff, mostly opera and stuff based on video games. You'll also be proud to hear that I'm into classic rock. Elvis Prestly depending on your definition of classic rock.

Guitarwise, I haven't had much time but I strum a few chords here and there. A co-worker has invited me to join their band as their singer. I may take him up on the offer once things with the baby settled down.

I'm back to work. I was offered a promotion so I ended my leave with my BF taking the rest of the leave. Couple months later I was offered yet another promotion and accepted it. So yeah, it's been crazy…

Geez...never had a daughter but you'd have made a good one!

I've been exactly where you say you are right now at your stage in life...and in the same circumstances. I stayed with it besides all the" kids/car payments/mortgage/#42". It's the best decision I ever made. "Strumming a few chords here and there? "Truck on! Truck on!!! :wink:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote