Clear all

I'm totally bummed

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

So for axmas I bought my daughter a Jackson JS30 Kelly, a hardcase and a practice amp. I took the guitar to my tech for him to make it right, best in town. He called me last night and said his place was robbed :( (insert foul language here).

I don't know what to do. I had to buy another car two days ago so I freakin broke, my other daughters b-day is tomorrow. I bought her b-day already but now I have to start all over with x-mas and the car needs new tires, registration(expensive here in Nevada) and the insurance bill will be here in a few weeks. I hate not having the money I need.

More bad news. I took my new USA Jackson in to let my tech give it the once over(he did not have this one, it's still at my house), he picked it up and said there is a hump in the neck and should be either warrantied or replaced.

Man, someone send me some good mojo, I could use it.

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Wow, that is very tough. I'm sorry that things arent going so well right now. If the repair shop is a business, shouldnt they have insurance of some sort and be able to replace the guitar?

Either way.. things will get better. They always do. I hope soon for you.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Yep, he should be replacing the guitar.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Well that really ....... (You fill in the word.)

Does he not have insurance? Businesses are liable for your stuff and he should make good for it before he settles with the insurance company. Have him let you pick something that wasn't stolen.

Many years ago I had 5 or 6 motorcycle tanks on display at a friends shop as advertisement for my custom paint work and he got robbed. His insurance company made good by me.

Hope things work out for you.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I don't know if he has insurance. He's had a shop out here for years but a he's full time gigging musician now and does the repair for his good customers only out of his garage. Problem in this is a rent to own home so we don't know if home owners will cover it.

He did say he will make good on it.

Everything will work out.

ReplyQuote
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

At least in Pennsylvania, for a rent-to-own home qualify for a mortgage when the rental period expires, it would have had to have standard homeowner's insurance in place during the entire rent-to-own term.

Good luck with it.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

bummer , hope he makes good on your loss.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Dang that really sucks. I know it is at times like this when you ask yourself "what next". I know my first reaction to bad news is usually worse than it really is. Hopefully the situation isn't that bad. Hang in there and keep a level head and it'll all work out.
Good luck.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I don't know if he has insurance.

While I'm the first to say that I want a most talented luthier I can find working on my guitars, it's also the case that I want a responsible luthier.

NEVER give equipment you care about to someone unless you know they have appropriate liability insurance.

This time it was only a relatively inexpensive store guitar. But what if that had been something really valuable like a vintage strat?

The whole situation really bites, but it sounds like you're at least going to be ok this time.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Did your techie actually cause the damage, or did he just notice it?

If he just noticed it, then it's not down to him to make good the problem, and the manufacturer should fix it under warranty; or your techie can fix it as a chargeable if it's out of warranty.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member

I think he should replace the guitar.. You brought a guitar in, he should get one back to you. If he's robbed, his fault. No ensurance, his fault. You should get something back.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Did your techie actually cause the damage, or did he just notice it?

If he just noticed it, then it's not down to him to make good the problem, and the manufacturer should fix it under warranty; or your techie can fix it as a chargeable if it's out of warranty.

Best,

A :-)

He just noticed it. The guitar is under warranty, he said he would fix it if I want him too but I should have it repaired by Jackson repair facility. Good news is that my tech and the repair facility guy go way back and my tech said he does great work.

Allen, I didn't expect him to fix it, just give me his opinion of the guitar, that's when he saw the problem.

Just so there is no confusion, these are two separate guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I think he should replace the guitar.. You brought a guitar in, he should get one back to you. If he's robbed, his fault. No ensurance, his fault. You should get something back.

I've known this guy for about 10 years. He will make things right.

ReplyQuote