Clear all

Internet Radio

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

For some reason, I've never really stuck to the mainstream when it came to music. Sure, I like bands that have been on the radio like ZZ Top, Van Halen, etc... But I've always gravitated to the underground stuff. These days its called "indie'. Same stuff. These are the kids trying to make their own sound, break new ground. I'm not talking about the bands that tune down a half step and declare themselves "different" from the rest. I'm talking about those bands that are truely trying to push the envelope.

That said, I've found two internet radio stations that have been a great fit for me. 1- Radioio.com - Has a broad spectrum of stations under its belt. It's genre based, so that becomes your starting point. For instance, if I chose Classic Rock as my genre, I get to hear all of the album cuts that you never heard on the radio. Great stuff!

2- Pandora.com- This station is based off of the Music Genome Project. It asks you what musician (band) to start with. This acts as a seed for "your custom station". The site then matches that music based on its attributes and plays other bands with the same attributes. This is one awesome site. I highly suggest it.

From the Pandora site....
We ended up assembling literally hundreds of musical attributes or "genes" into a very large Music Genome. Taken together these genes capture the unique and magical musical identity of a song - everything from melody, harmony and rhythm, to instrumentation, orchestration, arrangement, lyrics, and of course the rich world of singing and vocal harmony. It's not about what a band looks like, or what genre they supposedly belong to, or about who buys their records - it's about what each individual song sounds like.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

been there nearly 2 years now,
pandora kicks a** unfortunatly some of our friends outside the states were unable to use it.
i'll try the other one out asap thanx!

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=20969&p=185935&hilit=pandora#p185935

#4491....

ReplyQuote