Clear all

is it worth the money

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i have a pod 2.0 which i use when we gig to change my tone between songs. however in a minority of songs i want to change my tone mid song (for the occasional solo or rocky chorus). i have my own rack of pedals which i use to add distortion etc but it doesnt always give me the versatility i want, and i feel that the pod is not doing all it can in a live situation.
Is it worth shelling out for the pod floor board which will make my pod more versatile when gigging? I have heard that multieffects boards are not as good as individual pedals but the floorboard will give me more out of my pod and allow me to achieve the exact tone i am after for each song - what do you think? or can i sell my pod and get something which will suit my needs a bit better? i am a bit of an ignorant when it comes to gear - what would you do??

by the way, i do want to know the answer to the above BUT my main concern is who will replace david tennant as the doctor now he has quit the show??? james nesbit would be great!! :lol:

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

it justr occurred to me that i may have asked an inappropriate question with the doctor who thing. that was tongue in cheek. ignore it. :D sorry

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I am not familar with the Pod 2.0, but I did a little reading and the FBV Shortboard looks like a possible solution.

Line 6 FBV Shortboard

I mean, if you are happy with the preset sounds of your Pod, but just need a way to change to many different presets, I would go for it. The footboard is a little expensive, but not as expensive as the Pod Live or other multi-efx like Boss or Digitech. I would go down to the music store and see if they have a display, they often do, where you can try it out.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

The Pod 2.0 has a MIDI in/out so you could use any sort of MIDI control to change the settings. The Behringer FCB1010 is an ok MIDI control pedal for a decent price. It's a lot cheaper than the Line 6 foot controller and it's more versatile (you can use it with other things than just Line 6 things). If you look around you can often find these used for even cheaper. I've got one that I use for controlling a laptop computer and the software running on it (Logic Express). There's also a user group on Yahoo - http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/fcb1010/

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wow, the behringer looks good! i didnt realise you didnt have to use line 6 gear. thanks for the heads up!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Personally I wouldnt bother. The POD2 is really old and investing another 100+ in a floorboard is kinda overdone. I'd sell the POD2 and just get a modern integrated floorbased modeler/multi-effect. Heck, the Zoom G2 sounds better then the POD and costs less then the floorboard. With the arrival of the GT10 yo ucan pick up a GT8 for cheap too, it's the same sound engine. Finally maybe look out for a used Vox Tonelab LE. All of these will massively improve your sounds, give it a chance.

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

sensible suggestion ignar. to be honest i felt for a while i was using something a bit dated but i didnt want to admit it reaslly. i will have a look at testing some alternatives and make sure i make the correct descision this time :D :D

ReplyQuote