Clear all

is this a good amp?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@classicshredder999)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

my friend is moving away to a differnt town and today i just found out that he was having a yard sell to get rid of some things so he had a peavey bandit 112 80 watt amp for sale for 20 dollars so i bought it because it seemed like a really good deal but its a little scratched. but anyways i just want know if this is a good amp its advantages and disadvantages?

here it is on guitar center because i dont know how to upload pictures onto here....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology-481332-i1167402.gc

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

kinda hard to argue with a $20 price tag. Peavey makes respectable equipment. enjoy it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I've got an older one of these and it's a great amp. $20 is a steal.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

You got a steal. My son has the Bandit 112, not exactly the same - we hunted for one for awhile, between old and new - sort of the intermediate years, and you'll see a lot of them. They can blow speakers, that Blue Marvel, just replace with your choice, a Black Widow or Celestion 30, or Seventy 80. After he loaned it out while using my Super 60, we had the whole thing apart and cleaned it, or refurbished it back to new. I find the circuitry to be a little minimalist or simplistic, not a lot in terms of really good components or workmanship, so they are are good and stardard IMO, but that's okay. :wink:

It is definitely one of the better workhorse amps out there. They are easy enough to carry, and can get loud (but watch that speaker, or just sacrifice it and replace). It seems that everybody likes them, and that's why they are all around. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote