Clear all

It's official, I'm old

37 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Vic you took the words right out of my mouth. Only problem is I haven't had long hair in about 30 years.

And although it may be very superficial a band has to look rock n roll to me it's part of the whole package. CT did not look rock n roll and I was never really into them.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Looking at those photos, that's probably why I never liked CT all that much - that album cover screams "GEEEKS!" to me! I really hate having my hair cut....short hair just ain't rock'n'roll to me.

Vic
Hey, the singer and bass player are long haired rockers :lol:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

In the immortal words of Eric Clapton...."Let it grow, let it grow......"

:D :D :D

Vic

How about having a wig till it grows back ?

Because wigs are (A) expensive and (B) I've never seen a wig yet that didn't scream "WIG!" at me!

Anyway, it's long again and it's stopping long. As for Frank Rossi - yep, he's got short hair. Even lost the ponytail. Then again, he's lost MOST of his hair! Rick Parfitt hasn't, though....

:D :D :D

Vic

Just a Note from Rahul - Guess you edited my post...

EDIT (Vic) - yep, sorry, I must have clicked "edit" instead of "quote" then replied - mea culpa!

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Old??? Ha! I've got shirts older than you!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@roundi)
Estimable Member

I thououghly enjoyed this thread!! I do enjoy a good rant. Although I have to youtube Garbage in minute just to see what I am missing. My house is awash with Disney Pop music lately too. My daughter just won't give the Stones a chance.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

My house is awash with Disney Pop music lately too. My daughter just won't give the Stones a chance.

I am also washed up by the Disney music thes days. I love the Phineas and Ferb album... :D

ReplyQuote
(@mrodgers)
Trusted Member

Although it is constantly Hanna Montana non stop at my house when the kids are home, here's an enlightening story.

Both of my daughters had colic when they were babies. With my oldest, I was working 12 hour shifts which the schedule allowed me a week straight off every month (along with no more than 4 days working straight, fantastic schedule), and such during my week off, Wifey deemed it my time to be up all night. Well, at that particular time, VH1 was playing an aweful lot of Metallica. We watched "Some Kind of Monster", countless videos, Classic Albums, and many times Metallica with the San Fransisco Orchestra at 3 am, 4 am, 5 am. My daughter would only fall asleep lying on my or mom's chest.

Fast forward to when she was about 3 or 4. She is sitting at the kitchen table playing with playdo and I am browsing through the radio channels of the satellite TV. Kiss is on, "You like this?" Nope. Journey, "You like this?" Nope. AC/DC, "You like this?" Nope. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Poison, Motley Crue, tons of songs I'm finding asking the same thing. Nope, nope, nope. There's no hope for my daughter....

Or so I thought. I didn't ask. I get to the heavy metal channel and Metallica is playing (Master of Puppets I think.) I hang out on that channel enjoying when I look over in the kitchen. There my 3 year old daughter is in all her full long blonde haired glory headbanging away! I was so proud.

Fast forward to now, where my daughters are now 9 and 6 years old. I recorded a Stevie Ray Vaughan special on PBS I think it was. They ask me who that is and I tell them who SRV is. The SRV recording is the most requested to be allowed to watch in the list on the DVR! Another proud moment for sure. My 6 year old even requests a certain song, Pride and Joy. They wanted to download some mp3's from Walmart for their new players and after putting about 15 Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez songs in the shopping cart, my 6 year old asked if I could buy Pride and Joy for her :D.

Then again, above the SRV recording in the DVR list is Hanna Montana and right below it is Wizards of Waverly Place.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3