Clear all

It's that time of year again

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Axe-mas is upon us. anyone asking Santana Claus for something special this year, or is it time to stock up on strings, plectrums and maybe a pedal or two?

I'm thinking of asking Mrs rparker-Clause getting one of those SX econo-resonator things at the Rondo Music place where folks get their Agiles from. I'm otherwise going to be pretty tame this year due to what I did to my home office/studio last month. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Well my Christmas's are normaly pretty lean.... ALl efforts go to the kids, but if I can swing it, Im realy looking at one of those new GFS accustics. They look real nice, and a killer price!!! ANd my old freebe Epi accustic is realy pretty beat, and Im outgrowing it.. Eather that, or pick up a nice small under 5w tube amp.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yup, been there. Still there, kind of. He's 18 now. I think TR would probably agree that it doesn't dtop a whole lot, though. :lol: :lol:

I didn't even know the had acoustics. I just rushed right over and had a look. Nice looking. Solid wood tops. Various shapes & woods. If you get one, you simply must share a review with the class. :D 8)

I keep thinking a nice match for GF them would be to add Jet city amps to their line-up. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I will surly review it if it happands. For less the $200 its hard to go wrong...

I REALY want the Gibson LP studio 60's tribute I played the other day!!!!!!!!! But thats not gunna happan!!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

My kids are in their 20's but still getting the lions share of the Christmas money spent on them. I don't plan on anything for me really this year. That Valve King was an early birthday present and is certainly good enough for now. I love the look of that Les Paul. Kinds of reminds me of my Les Paul Special.

I'm not sure why. Maybe the lack of binding? The rounded appearance of the body edges? I dunno? Just know I like it.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I'm not sure why. Maybe the lack of binding? The rounded appearance of the body edges? I dunno? Just know I like it.

See I like the binding...and normaly dont go for the studios, but saw it on the rack, and LOVE P90's!!! Just felt right, loked right, and sounded AWESOME!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I like binding too. My Special came with a special price though and I do own a Studio but again, much less to purchase than a Standard. My Special sounds awsome by the way.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

They had a STOTD a couple months back with that P90, except it was a double-cut. Not the SG or others, just the bigger thicker style like an LP. Double instead of single cut. If not for what I knew was going to happen to the "home studio" thing, I just mighta dun it.

Roy

ReplyQuote