(@ginger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I SAW JARS OF CLAY TODAY!

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Good band! I love their harmonies. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

They was raising money for blodwater mission yesterday. Some may not know this but every year they do a concert to raise money to dig wells in Africa. They always have a good energy!

http://www.jarsofclay.com/

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Cool. 8)

Love their cover of "I'll Fly Away."

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

cool, i have that cd that has that song on it. They have an EP out and they played a new song from that EP friday night and it was good! I believe you can hear it on their website!

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

They are on my "Bands I have to hear" list. Not sure I'm familiar with any thing they've done.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

They are on my "Bands I have to hear" list. Not sure I'm familiar with any thing they've done.

A bit of a crossover from contemporary Christian to pop-rock. "Flood" is probably their best known song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNGLU_VsePg

As Dan mentions, their vocal harmonies sometimes go into Eagles territory, imo.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I have an early CD of theirs; the one with Flood on it. They are good but I have to confess that I haven't really heard any of their newer songs.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

My favorite Christian artist is Jeff Johnson. Not sure if he is making music anymore but he made some great albums in the 80s. Much of it was experimental type music with Christian undertones. Whenever I'd play his music for my friends they'd look at me and say....'OK, terrific". But what do they know? None of them were musicians.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have an early CD of theirs; the one with Flood on it. They are good but I have to confess that I haven't really heard any of their newer songs.

I would say that their best cds, worth buying would be their first one with Flood on it like you said, their 2nd cd, "Much Afriad" was good too. Their last cd from last year "Good Monsters" is also pretty good. And another one that I really liked was "The eleventh Hour" They had some really good tunes on that one! They had like 4 or 5 hits off that cd. So You get a pretty good bang for the buck for that one. If you liked the first cd you will love the Eleventh Hour Cd. In my opinon it is their best with Good monster coming in a very close 2nd!

Blueline, I'm not sure if I heard of jeff Johnson but I will try and check them out! Thanks

slejhamer, Thanks for the link. I watched that video, been along time since I seen that one. That was awesome!

ReplyQuote