Clear all

John Fogerty

22 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well....24 hours from now, I'll be in Amsterdam watching one of - in my opinion - the all-time greats.....just wish the man could have included England in his European tour....

Been a fan since the first time I heard "Proud Mary"....and that was waaaaay back in '68.....

Let you all know how good he was later....back sometime Monday, probably - make that possibly - recovered Tuesday....I really don't think he'll disappoint (seen the set list on his website)....

Stand by for a couple of CCR songs on the easy song database next week....

:D :D :D

Vic

Pity Arjen can't make it, I'd love to have picked his brains.....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Vic,

I am envious :) - love old CCR tunes - I for one am looking forward to the posted CCR tunes and to hear how you rate the concert.

Enjoy :!:

BS

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Agreed. Fogerty is great at taking simple structures and giving them a really distinctive sound. He's archetypal! When Premonition came out, there as a film of the concert that ran pretty frequently on PBS stateside. Fantastic.

Enjoy the show!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

And he's the only person I know who has sued himself for copyright infringement.

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Nick,
And he's the only person I know who has sued himself for copyright infringement. :?

What's the story behind the statement :?:

BS

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'll see if I can find the link, but I found it while I was researching copyright issues.

Really it's his old publishing company vs fogerty, but still it's odd.

The songs were "Run through the jungle" and "The old man down the road"

http://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/92-1750.ZO.html

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Cool. "Born on The Bayou" was the first first song I figured out on my own by ear. OK, so it's only one chord played the same way through 98% of the song, but still.

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Nick,

Thanks for the case Link - I'll have to read through the legalize with a glass of wine - by the looks of the text it will be a big glass. :lol:

BS

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I'll see if I can find the link, but I found it while I was researching copyright issues.

Really it's his old publishing company vs fogerty, but still it's odd.

The songs were "Run through the jungle" and "The old man down the road"

http://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/92-1750.ZO.html

Fogerty had such a bad experience with his recording company (Fantasy music?) that he wouldn't play CCR songs for years. And, yes, his publisher sued him and Fogerty had to explain to the jury why "The Old Man Down the Road" was substantially different. It wasn't until a few years ago that Fogerty began performing CCR songs again.

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

^Well, he's an influence on me nonetheless. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@davem)
Estimable Member

I saw Fogerty played at the pre-game show of the superbowl. He played a bunch of ccr tunes. Great stuff.

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Does anyone know if a North American tour is in the works?

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Tim, check his website....

http://www.johnfogerty.com

I'm pretty sure he's doing a North American tour later this year.....

And I didn't get to see the gig!!!! What an absolute let-down!!! The hotel had arranged tickets, even arranged transport for us...got to the music hall, tickets had myseriously disappeared.....

Ah well - least we got our money back, and a bit extra.....

Might have to come to America to see the bugger....his N American tour starts 6th November....I didn't make it to Texas in February, I'm bloody determined to make it in August.....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Vic,
That's a shame. I'm sorry to hear it. Were the tickets lifted?
Tim

-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

They probably didn't get the memo that he was still alive and re-sold the tickets on him! :P

Really though, sorry you had to go through that and not be able to see one of your hero's.

That link you posted only tells you his March 2005 schedule which is all oversea's (for me anyway). I always loved CCR and would like to be able to see John in concert over here. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Did anyone see the special CMT had with him and Keith Urban? Great show! They both played each others songs, it was cool to watch. I hope they come out with a DVD of it.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2