Clear all

Kansas Guitar...made by Cort?

18 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone here familiar with Kansas guitars which, I believe, are made by Cort? I saw a LP copy (beautiful) for $225 new. Just wondering if anyone's ever heard anything about 'em. I searched the net and didn't come up with much. TIA! :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I've heard of Cort but not Kansas Guitars.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Musica,

I was searching and it seems Kansas is related to Cort. Perhaps it is a commercial name for part of its gear. My usual store sell Cort. I want to go next week, so I'll ask if they know anything on the brand.

Meanwhile, did you read the reviews on Harmony Central?

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/brand/Kansas

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Bish and Nuno! :D It never occurred to me to check out Harmony Central reviews, Nuno... :oops: Sounds pretty good considering the price. My latest (and greatest!) guitar teacher is the one who has these guitars on display. He loves Cort guitars and says Kansas is made by them. He's a very trustworthy man as well as an excellent guitarist, so I'm quite interested. Not that I have the money or the need... :wink:

Hope I didn't help give you a "reason" to walk into a guitar shop, Nuno... :lol: Thanks in advance, Sir. I appreciate your research and caring!

Take care,
CC

:D :D :D :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

It's a pleasure to do it for you. Moreover, I also learn something new. :D

And no, it isn't the main "reason". I'm shopping for a bass (my first bass).

If you have a positive feedback and that positive feedback, from an experienced guitarist and teacher, it could be a nice baby for your family :wink:

These days, with the bass, I'm thinking a lot about instruments, prices and brands. We... Ok, I usually think on the main brands and the best instruments but, while watching YouTube videos, I saw great players with cheap guitars and unknown brands that sound really well!

Probably Kansas is one of those hidden pearls!

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Nuno said:
And no, it isn't the main "reason". I'm shopping for a bass (my first bass).

Well, good! I'm glad it wouldn't be my fault if you happened to purchase an instrument while browsing around doing research. :wink:

Speaking of basses, I actually have a Cort Curbow. I'm not as familiar with it as I should be, but it seems nice to me for the price. It's sure cool-looking!!! 8)

Thanks again, Nuno, and good luck on your search. Sounds like lotsa fun to me...wish I could go shopping with ya! :D

Take care,
CC

:D :D :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Musica,

I asked it and they didn't know the brand. :(

Kansas is not sold here. They said it is possible because Cort and other companies that manufacture in Asia can produce virtually any guitar with the name you tell them.

BTW, I didn't buy the bass, I doubt between two or three models, but I was seeing a couple of Cort (the top models). However, I bought a case for my LP. :mrgreen:

I have to go again, so if you need another info, let me know! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Nuno, for trying to get some info on the mysterious Kansas guitar! :? I had my lesson yesterday and the one (of two) I was dreaming of had been sold, but my teacher can order another one. Also, I found the guitar on Amazon for $200! Here's a link to prove I'm not as crazy as I seem (regarding this guitar, at least... :lol: ):

Kansas LP Copy

I told my teacher about this and he was upset...his price is $225! Anyway, I think it's worth $200 just to look at it! It doesn't show up as well in the pic as in person (as usual), but it's really beautiful...especially for the price.

Congrats on your new case, Nuno, and good luck finding the right bass! Thanks for being so thoughtful, and have fun when you go back next time. :D

Take care,
CC

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very nice guitar! If you like it, go ahead! It is not expensive and if your teacher says it is a good guitar, it will be. It really seems a good guitar in that picture.

You can always play a "capricho"! :D

The problem with the bass is very complex... I like two basses and I have cognitive dissonances continuously...
I think I will buy both! :lol:

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You should buy it from your teacher for the extra $25.

A. you support a local music business
B. Music123 isn't going to answer your questions about it
C. Your teacher will probably help you for little or no money if you have minor issues with the guitar
D. No shipping charges
E. The one on amazon/music123 you can't see or touch. It may have a minor boo-boo, it may not. It may not feel the same as the one you can touch in the store.
F. Amazon/Music123 didn't give you their knowledge for free about Kansas guitars in the first place.
G. You don't have to wait for the guitar to be delivered.

That's worth a lot more than $25 :D

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Nick's right.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Nick's right.

i concur 8)

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Chances are that your teacher will give it a bit of a set up as well. That alone is worth more than $25.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, guys, for the advice, but I have every intention of buying the guitar (if I'm allowed, that is... :roll: ) from my teacher! I'm sorry I gave the impression that I was going the Amazon route. My intent was to show that such a guitar exists, to show a decent picture of it, and to say that my teacher was upset because the company was selling their products through other avenues at lower prices, which is potentially bad for him as an independent dealer. I told him they have 'em on Amazon for $200, so he's gonna raise some heck with them about it! :twisted: It's barely over cost to him.

I'd buy it from him if it cost full price ($299), although he might come down to $200 after all this! Not only is he a great guitarist, he's a wonderful human being and is extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy. And he knows the company well enough to tell them to pick one that's got a nice finish. (He still has one available, but the one he sold had a much better finish and he understands why I wanted that one!) Also, I never order guitars online unless there's no other possible way to get what I'm looking for. Soooooooooo....

Sorry for the apparent miscommunication on my part! No wonder my hubby and I have a difficult time understanding each other at times...it must be a guy thing. :lol:
Nuno said:
The problem with the bass is very complex... I like two basses and I have cognitive dissonances continuously...
I think I will buy both! :lol:

If you're looking for someone to talk ya outta that idea, Nuno, you'll have to look elsewhere. :wink:

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

If anyone's still out there...my guitar came in! I haven't seen it yet (my lesson is Tuesday), but my teacher says it's got my name on it (nice wood grain)! And...I'm allowed to buy it "if I can afford it." Afford it??? I've got room on my plastic. I can afford it. :lol: But I'll probably lay it away for a couple of weeks or so. Thoughts and pics to come...

Thanks to everyone for your contribution to this thread! :D :D :D

P.S. Nuno - Did you ever get your bass(es)????? :?:

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2