Clear all

Last night I went to a Hendrix Tribute Concert

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

It was incredible. You very rarely see so much talent one stage at once and god damn, what a fitting tribute it was to Jimi.

Performing was...

Drummer Mitch Mitchell (Hendrix Experience)
Guitarist Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Pedal Steel Guitarist Robert Randolph
Bassist Billy Cox (Band of Gypsys/JHE)
Guitarist Buddy Guy
Drummer Chris Layton (Double Trouble)
Bassist Tommy Shannon (Double Trouble)
Guitarist Mick Taylor (Rolling Stones)
Guitarist Hubert Sumlin (Muddy Waters)
Guitarist Eric Gales
Guitarist Andy Aledort
Guitarist Kenny Olson (Kid Rock)
Guitarist Doyle Bramhall
Singer Corey Glover (Living Colour)

Everyone was great really. Robert Randolph stunned me. He played Purple Haze on a god damned pedal steel guitar. And when him and Kenny Wayne Shepherd traded licks during Voodoo Child (Slight Return) it was just crazy. I met Billy Cox before the show and got his autograph, and God, he is the nicest guy. He said "that's some shirt you got there man." And he signed my shirt (unfortunately I forgot to bring the magazine I would have had him sign. I shook his hand, told him thanks for everything and I could tell he appreciated it. And during the show he was full of energy, just like he was back in 1970.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd was probably the best guitarist there, reminds me a lot of Stevie Ray Vaughan. Buddy Guy and Hubert Sumlin looked great for their age too, and played great.

The they played were... Foxey Lady, Voodoo Child (Slight Return), Voodoo Chile, Up From the Skies, Spanish Castle Magic, Purple Haze, I Don't Live Today, May This Be Love, Red House, Little Wing, You Got Me Floatin, Come On (Let the Good Times Roll), Mary Had a Little Lamb, Catfish Blues, Hoochie Coochie Man.

Anyways I'm not gonna ramble on.

Me before the show. I have an X on each of my hands because I'm under 21-

Eric Gales playing Foxey Lady-

Mitch Mitchell-

I don't know his name but he has a great voice, Tommy Shannon in the back-

The Great Billy Cox-

Buddy Guy-

Buddy Guy and Robert Randolph, one of my favorite pics-

Corey Glover, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Tommy Shannon-

Kenny Olsen, Mick Taylor, Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox. Lol at Taylor/Mitch-

I obviously have a lot more but I gues that's enough. Yup. I suggest you go to a show if you can, Tickets are still available for the show in Providence, RI. Trust me, it's worth it. These guys put on one hell of a show.