Skip to content
Last years Christma...

Notifications
Clear all

Last years Christmas present revisited (FINISHED!)

26 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

As for that bridge HB ring? Can you sand it down a little to make it a little lower?
That would have been plan B but the ring isn't any higher than the pickup was before so I just left it. If it aint broke don't fix it. I could see where sanding it could be opening up a can of worms.

As far as the ironing board, I have been doing that for quite some time. Its padded, tall and portable. I thought, perfect! I can't wait for the other parts to get here today!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

As for that bridge HB ring? Can you sand it down a little to make it a little lower?
That would have been plan B but the ring isn't any higher than the pickup was before so I just left it. If it aint broke don't fix it. I could see where sanding it could be opening up a can of worms.

As far as the ironing board, I have been doing that for quite some time. Its padded, tall and portable. I thought, perfect! I can't wait for the other parts to get here today!
Well the best thing, is you can adjust it to standing hight, or sitting!!! I just happan to have a extra one in the celler next to my guitar stuff. :D

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

All Done! I found a set of chrome knobs I had in my stash! Left the origional inserts in the body and had to use the origional posts on the bridge. Odd ducks, small on top yet large size on bottom. I may have been able to install one of my large size Nashville style bridges after all but thats OK. The bridge and stop bar were tight fits, not smooth. I made them work though. My action is where I need it with the bridge tight to the body. Close, any more would have required a neck shim but this is the way it was before so no suprise there. Maybe that is why I like the sound so much. How much more could you ask for sustain than the bridge tight to the body? I love it, only need to adjust intonation. Not tonight though. Oh .... still have to change to chrome strap locks!

ReplyQuote
(@liontable)
Estimable Member

This really looks awesome, nice job!

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

The black with the cream trip realy makes the light color neck pop!! Realy the way it should have been done in the first place

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The black with the cream trip realy makes the light color neck pop!! Realy the way it should have been done in the first place
Well thats what I thought! 8)

Thanks guys!

Oh, and thanks for the input on the knobs. The ones it came with were metal with allen screws. I thought the ones I had were chromed plastic off a cheap guitar but I was wrong. No allen screw but they are metal with a plastic insert to fit on the split shaft of the pots. As I recall now they came off my sons BC Rich Platinum Warlock bass. We put skull knobs on that thing.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

OK so I set the intonation on this on Christmas. Played it today. Went to tune it ......still in tune! Thumbs up for GF tuners.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Awesome! Gotta love it. We're still in up and down weather pattern. The guitars don't have a chance of staying in tune. The heat will be off and windows will be open tomorrow. :roll: :roll:

At any rate, nice job with the guitar fancification project. On to the next!

Speaking of GF, I've just received my saddle for the 339. Best cheap upgrade for the money, in my book anyhow. No wire! No wire! :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Speaking of GF, I've just received my saddle for the 339. Best cheap upgrade for the money, in my book anyhow. No wire! No wire! :mrgreen:
I hear you Roy! Problem with this one I just did is I went the other way. No wire to a wire. :lol: This bridge has the small bushings like a Gibson. It's not just the color match though. The Nashville style that came on it was made of crap metal and a couple of the saddles adjusted very poorly. The screws barely had thread. Chineese metal I suppose. The new one has quality chrome and works well. That said, the one like you just got is my favorite. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

One of them suggested the fancier saddle for my Xaviere 560 when I emailed them with a problem. One of those roller ones. I needed the extra room for adjustment at the time and his one has more extra space than the one I normally get...which is still bigger than stock.

On a side note, the whole problem was actually a bad batch of Gibson strings. The G string kept stretching oddly, causing me to run out of adjustment space on the screw. I thought it was the guitar somehow until it happened on another guitar with a very fresh set of strings on it. :evil:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thats why I like those Nashville style bridges. Lots of travel in them for intonation purposes.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2