Notifications
Clear all

Led Zeppelin on tour

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

Everyone else is talking about it! Why not us?

So, I woke up this morning and proceeded to read the newspaper. I grab the newspager in my hands, and on the front page of the "arts and shows" section was an article about Led Zeppelin and the possibility of them doing a world tour. The title read "Led Zeppelin on tour". My heart stopped at that moment. I started sweating and soon after I was jumping all around the house. Then, with the newspaper still in my hands, I lift my right thumb and what do you know, there's a question mark at the end of the title. And there I was hoping that the rumors had been confirmed... No need to say I almost died at that moment.

Anyways, I'm sure you all know about the Page interview in Guitar World, etc. So with that in mind, do you think a world tour is really possible? Can we dare to hope that Plant will say yes? :shock:

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sure, I think it will happen. They'll probably only tour a handfull of big cities though. Like Jimmy said in the Guitar World interview when asked about it, (the white hair is cool!), that it would be "selfish to do just one show", and if they aren't going to tour, "we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle". Sounds like touring words to me. Also, can you even imagine the amount of money they'd make?!

I know Robert wants to tour with Alison Krauss too, but I'm sure they can work out all the details. Do you think Alison wants to be the one to break-up Led Zeppelin? I think not!

I didn't get a chance to see Zep before John died, but I did catch Jimmy & Robert when they toured, and it was awesome! Led Zeppelin coming anywhere near me? Try to keep me away! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

45 minutes or so of Plant and Krauss, then 60 - 75 minutes of Zeppelin? On the same tour? I mean Sabbath never does more than 45 min. so, maybe. It depends on the songs Zep did how it would balance with the Krauss work. Qui sais? Qui soigne? Rock on!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Sure, they will probably do some kind of tour. There is just too much money out there, ready for the taking. And, I think they generally enjoyed touring, back in the day. Not that it would be any where near as wild as their tours were in the 70s.

I also saw the Page/Plant tour about 10-12 years ago; I saw them in the Continental Airlines Arena in NJ. Robert & Jimmy appeared to have a good time on stage together. So, why not?

As far as Allison Krauss being in anyway involved with the tour, I think there are three reasons why she wouldn't be part of it if they toured. (1) Led Zeppelin didn't use opening acts - they didn't need them and figured why should they pay an opening act? For that matter, they barely had a stage or light show - just their instruments and some amps, and hours of music. (2) Allison Krauss is a pretty big name in country music - and big name don't perform cheap. Jimmy & Robert aren't sharing the cash with her! (3) Robert Plant has always had a delicate voice - I doubt he would want to do two shows and put that kind of strain on his vocal chords.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I agree that Allison shouldn't be a part of the tour. I think my original post was misunderstood. I meant that the one thing that I could think of that would keep Robert from wanting to tour with Zeppelin, is that he has a pretty successful CD out with Allison, and may want to tour with her instead.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Cast your minds back a couple of years ago......

Cream would never, ever reform. They'd been telling us for years, there was no chance it'd ever happen. Then it was just a few dates at the Albert Hall, but no possibility of a tour........

Led Zep know that once the word's out, there'll be a HUGE demand for tickets - I just wish I owned my own house, then I'd have something to sell and could afford to go!

But this is all pie-in-the sky....there won't be any tour....will there?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter  

Well... both Page and JPJ WANT a tour, so it's not impossible. I think that the decision (if they are considering doing a tour) will be made after the O2 show. They probably want to see how it goes. And if they have a great time playing the show and if the fans love it then... why not do MORE concerts?

All I can do now is hope that the O2 concert goes very very VERY well :mrgreen:

Vic: I WISH I could have been to the Cream reunion concerts. I was too young to go to New York on my own back then though... I remember there was even talk of reforming the band and working on a new album! Sigh... will they ever play together again? :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Vic: I WISH I could have been to the Cream reunion concerts. I was too young to go to New York on my own back then though... I remember there was even talk of reforming the band and working on a new album! Sigh... will they ever play together again?

Well if they do, I hope they don't leave it another 37 years......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Apparently we'll all have to wait alittle longer for Zep to reunite. :(

I was searching for info on the up-coming concert tomorrow, and to my surprise, found out Jimmy Page broke his finger around the end of October & the concert is re-scheduled for December 10th. 1st I'd heard about it. Sounds like he'll be ok from some interviews I've read.

Can someone lock these guys in a room somewhere before something else happens! :shock:

Dan

ReplyQuote