Clear all

lets see wht the members think

38 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
(@jus_another_sin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

yeah another poll an obvious question maybe a obvious winner but then lets see anyways.

there's a lot of difference between an open mind and a hole in the head !

(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

All time? I think we are overlooking some people, especially those who have yet to even be born. 8)

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

All totally different in style and type of music unfair poll to me ( I voted for Clapton ) myself but the others are great in their own right just like
Mr C

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member

i voted for brian may...got his own style..but ALL the guitarists are excellent so it wss hard...especially mark knopfler but all dire straights songs sound the same to me... :oops:

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

ReplyQuote
(@jester)
Trusted Member

No option for Richard Thompson?

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

what about jeff beck, steve vai, randy rhoads, steve morse, alan holdsworth ? anyways, i voted for pagey.

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

i actually voted for may

ReplyQuote
(@gaz-uk)
Estimable Member

what about kirk hammet???????? (metallica) :x :x :x

"people laugh at me because im different...i pity you..because your all the same"

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I think we all know who I voted for.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Not only are many obvious choices missing, but the question implies one can rank guitarists on a linear scale. Can't do that -- playing guitar is too dimensionally complex.

Even though all of us have preferences, those who understand music and playing know their personal guitar-god faves may not be even close to that circle of best players -- and it's a big circle. We just enjoy what they do.

A far more meaningful question: To which guitarist on this list do you prefer to listen? <list>. This gets around the problems of defining "best" and omissions in listing.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

My only thought on this poll is:

Of course, the greatest guitarist must be a well known name from the Rock genre! How foolish to even entertain the idea that blues, jazz, country or classical could produce a good guitarist!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Looks like I'm the only one who voted for James Hetfield. Metallica is basically the reason why I first started playing so I had to give him the vote: plus he was the main composer of most of their songs, riffs and some of their solos apparently (nothing else matters, first solo in master of puppets).

I'd have to say that the list is kind of small, i mean, where's SRV? where's kirk hammett? where's eddie van halen? but I guess you could make a never ending list since there are so many great ones out there.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

no McLaughlin or Al DiMeola either..I voted for Jimmy PAge. although it was tough with Knopfler on the list also

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

No SRV!!!! No Steve Howe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What type of poll is this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

no McLaughlin or Al DiMeola either..I voted for Jimmy PAge. although it was tough with Knopfler on the list also

Believe it or not I don't even know who Mark Knopfler is :shock:

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3