Clear all

Lifeson Rules the Earth

37 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ok... I guess by now that you are expecting some kind of 14-year-old-raving with regards to Lifeson's effect on me, guitar playing in general, whether or not he is some sort of divine being; how his playing alone could actually save the planet AND cure all of the ills of mankind with one masterful stroke of his pick, etc.

Correct. Except that I am 50.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78D00dYOBrM&feature=related

I rest my case. :)

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

May not be the Supreme Ruler of All Earth, but I'd put him in the top 10. 8)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Y'all sound like my 19 year old. Except he doesn't talk about it, he just listens to and plays his stuff all the time. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

May not be the Supreme Ruler of All Earth, but I'd put him in the top 10. 8)
We all know who that is...lol ;) I agree he's top 10 or 15 though. Rush is great, and Lifeson plays a great part in that.

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Y'all sound like my 19 year old.

Guilty as charged!

Let's see... I would have been 20ish in '79... so that's about right.

Perhaps it is simply that watching that clip made me FEEL like I was 20 again! Yeah, that's it.

Ah the magic! :)

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Amen brother.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I'm there, cept I'm watching Neil. :oops: :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

For all you do... this one's for you!

Neil at Buddy Rich Memorial Concert

I grok! ;)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

For all you do... this one's for you!

Neil at Buddy Rich Memorial Concert

I grok! ;)
Very cool!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I've always been into Rush. Listening to the new Snakes & Arrows CD right now, and they've still got it! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

THEY ARE EXTENDING THE SNAKES AND ARROWS TOUR IN 2008!

Some new locations, some the same. Slightly different set list.

Missed it last time; gotta go this time!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Lifeson is Exhibit A in the debate about the existence of the supreme being as far as I'm concerned. I have every Rush studio album, Lifeson's solo album, all the Rush DVDs, and have seen them four times.

Check out this month's "Guitarist" magazine - there's an interview and some video footage of him talking about his gear during the UK part of this year's tour.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

THEY ARE EXTENDING THE SNAKES AND ARROWS TOUR IN 2008!

Some new locations, some the same. Slightly different set list.

Missed is last time; gotta go this time!

Do you have a link w/ the dates? Any dates around Nashville? I drove to Atlanta last summer to see them and would love to do it again :D

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

http://www.rush.com/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Do you have a link w/ the dates?

Nothing specific yet; looks like more info coming mid-January:
RUSH EXTEND WORLD TOUR INTO 2008

TORONTO, ON – December 12, 2007:

After a hugely successful 2007 run, Rush are pleased to announce they will extend their Snakes & Arrows World Tour into 2008. The band will begin rehearsals in March to revamp the set list before kicking off the tour with their first ever appearance in San Juan, Puerto Rico in April.

2008 will see Rush tour in over 40 cities throughout the United States and Canada making stops in many where they haven't performed in well over a decade including: Orlando, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Austin, Jacksonville and Winnipeg to name a few. Along the way, Rush will play new venues in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and Seattle and will revisit some familiar ones in Boston, Washington and Charlotte amongst others. Rush fans can look forward to a complete tour announcement in mid January. As details develop more information will be made available at http://www.rush.com and http://www.livenation.com .

Due to the overwhelming response of their fans in North America, the “Snakes & Arrows” tour has been Rush's highest grossing tour ever and the best attended in many years.

Snakes & Arrows (Anthem/Atlantic Records) was recorded in the fall of 2006 with Grammy Award-winner Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver) with Rush co-producing. Their first album of original material in nearly five years, Snakes & Arrows debuted at #3 on the Billboard Top 200. In addition, the track "Malignant Narcissism" has been nominated for a Grammy Award in the category Best Rock Instrumental Performance.

Since releasing its self-titled debut album in 1974, Rush has been universally regarded as one of the most inventive and exciting groups in rock, famed for virtuoso musicianship, epic soundscapes, and dramatic lyricism. The band's extraordinary body of work – which includes such acclaimed works as 1976's “2112,” 1981's “MOVING PICTURES,” 1996's “TEST FOR ECHO,” and 2002's “VAPOR TRAILS” – has achieved worldwide sales exceeding 35 million units.

Fans will experience the technical virtuosity and hard-rocking compositions they have come to expect from Rush members, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart.

The Rush tour in North America is produced by Live Nation Global Touring and SRO/Anthem.

For complete tour & ticket information, fan club memberships and more, visit: http://www.rush.com

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3