Clear all

Line 6 Pod/Pod XT

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hoping someone here might have some experience with these.
I'm presently running my electric through a USB audio interface into my computer and using the virtual guitar amp in Logic Express for modelling the sound. No complaints there; there are maybe 6 presets I like. But the computer has a noisy fan and (being a tower) isn't transportable.
So I was thinking Pod. Any thoughts? Any idea what the difference(s) between the Pod and the Pod XT are? Seriously, the Line 6 website is a disaster for straightforward info...
Thanks in advance,
Don

PS I'd be leaning towards cleaner sounds. Maybe with nice reverbs, a little echo or chorus or phase. Curious how the Pod amp models stack up that way.

Don

(@catcha)
Trusted Member

The editing on the Pod XT is far superior to the pod v2.0 and the XT
also has lots more in the way of effects.

The LCD on the POD XT makes it much easier to change and edit settings when its not connected to your PC.

You cant go wrong in trying one out excelent value for money and if you dont like it they fetch nearly as much second hand
so very little loss if you choose to sell it after.

Addmittedly the "dirtier sound" patches sound closer to the original moddelled amps than the clean sounds but
very very easy to get your "own" clean nice sound .

Well recommended but give the POD 2.0 a miss as you will miss out on a lot of free downloadables now
due to support for the XT

Also do bear in mind that ALL modelling devices take a little away from your guitars own sound so pick ups etc
tend to not make SO much differance , it becomes more about getting the sound you want for a partticular song
from the pod and saving it to one of the 128 save points.

Comes with loads of presets and thousands downloadable so you can approximate your favourite band or song.

Also GREAT FUN and stunning recording tool . :shock: :P

BY THE WAY IF YOUR STRUGGLING WITH THE LINE6 SITE FOR DETAILS THEN YOU ARE LOOKING IN THE WRONG
PLACE - JOIN THE FORUMS THERE ONE OF THE BEST MUSIC EQUIPMENT SUPPORT FORUMS ON THE NET !!!!

Dont give a shite about punctuation or spelling , I have to do that all day at work.
Free times for rocking !!

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Great info, catcha. Much appreciated :D

Don

ReplyQuote