Clear all

Looking at Acoustics

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone. As I mentioned a while back, I am in Australia for 5 months, and I am looking for a guitar to play here. I have an electric at home back in the States, but I think an acoustic would be easier here, so I can get it home without worrying about carrying an amp and all. The only thing that made me want an electric more is that I can always turn it way down and not bother anyone with my playing, as opposed to an acoustic which could get kind of loud (in a dorm type setting). I went to a music shop in Box Hill, and checked a few out. Some of them included a Silvertone for 199, a Bennett Solid Top for 299, and a Takamine for 499. I don't have any exact models of them though.

I am basically looking for opinions on right now. I am going to try to go find some other music shops as well to check out, so I will probably post back here with more once I get there. Thanks!

-jon

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

If I was in Oz I'd check out the Maton. When in Rome.....

ReplyQuote
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well, I did see Matons, and its something that I would like to do, but don't think that I could really afford to do right now. The guy in the shop said that they started at higher prices than the rest.

Oh yea, sorry about the wrong forum - kind of forgot about this one...

ReplyQuote