Clear all

loop station

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i cant find any shops where i live that have them in stock - so i cant try any out.
however, i have had loads of time looking on the internet and i think the boss rc-2 loop station is everything i need. in fact, im quite exited about buying it :D

however, i have made rash purchases before and i want to ask people here - does anybody know of any reason for me not to buy it - poor lifespan, easily broken etc?

just in case it helps - all i want it for is to create my own backing tracks to solo to - as when i use internet backing tracks, i find it hard to figure out the chord progression, whereas if i make my own, i can put all my efforts into choosing the right notes.

so, is this a reliable buy?
oh, and the cheapest i can find it for is £140 online.

It is also possible i may have missed other brands of loopstation which many of you may regard as superior or more suitable for my needs?

thanks in advance.
Al

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Thomann has it for £146, but offers a 30-day no quibble money back guarantee. I don't know about the UK, but in Germany, the even pay the postage back to them.

Pay the extra 6 quid and have 30 days to try it out, what more can you want.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/boss_rc2.htm

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

thanks for posting that link greybeard - and you're right, 30 days trial is well worth the extra £6!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I should have posted it before, but I've never had a bad experience in dealings with Thomann.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@greg-dorsey)

I can vouch for the Boss RC-2 loop station. I've been using one for a year now and love it. The thing is solid, well built. You can lay more tracks on top of each other than you'll ever need and it has a number of built-in drum beats for which you can set the tempo. There's a bit of a learning curve at first, but once you get the hang of it it's pretty simple.

Keep in mind that you'll also need separate pedals for effects. Using a built-in effect on an amp for a solo, such as distortion for instance, will affect the sound of the clean rhythm track you laid down beforehand.

Check our YouTube for ideas of what you can do with the thing. Have fun with it; it's well worth the purchase price.

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

thank you - it is nice to have a positive recommendation from somebody who owns one!!!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Al I had thought about picking this up a while back and did some checking. Pretty much all the reviews were positive. I'd still like to get one at some point.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote