Loud Rock n' Roll Daddy!

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Just wanted to share...

I've been on a music DVD kick lately, picking up concert DVDs to watch the guitar players. One of the best I've watched so far is AC/DC Live at Donnington. The first day I got it my son (2 1/2 years old) and I were playing cars and trains downstairs and I decided to throw the DVD on in the background. Well, I created a monster! The DVD starts with Angus running out and ripping of the beginning to "Thunderstruck" . My son thought that was the coolest thing he's ever seen. He just stared at the TV and started to dance around a little bit. I said, "Drew, that's Rock n' Roll".

He turned and looked at me and said "Daddy, that Rock n' Roll?" as only a little 2 1/2 year old could. So I responded, "Yes, that's Rock n' Roll buddy."

He starts running around the room as the song really gets rolling and he's shouting "I love Rock n' Roll Daddy!!!" He's jumping up and down and just jamming. We, of course, have to grab one of Daddy's guitars and start banging on it.

Cool, huh? Well every day before dinner we have to now put on AC/DC and rock out for 5-10 minutes. After a week or so I decide to put on my Rush in Rio DVD to see what he thinks. So I tell him, "Drew, I'm going to put on some Rock n' Roll" and then I start the DVD. The first song that came on was Freewill I believe. Drew was not impressed. Not impressed at all.

"Daddy, that not Rock n' Roll. Put on Rock n' Roll." I tried to convince him that it WAS Rock n' Roll, but to no avail. I tried Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Who, Van Halen... nope. It has to be AC/DC.

And it can't be normal volume, either. It has to be LOUD. He is always telling me to turn it up loud. "I like LOUD Rock n' Roll daddy!"

I'm loving it, but a little worried about what the next 14 years hold for me!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I like that kid!!! Cool story....

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well if my kids are anything to go by, he'll grow out of it (unfortunately) - they all loved loud rock'n'roll when they were little, especially (no surprises here....) Status Quo. A few years later, though, they were into Take That and Robbie Williams and Boyzone and Westlife and pass the vom bucket please.....

There's hope for Kayleigh (the youngest) though - she went to the V festival last year, saw bands like the Killers and Arctic Monkeys and Snow Patrol....and she's going again this year......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I was just reading an article on Guitar hero. According to the article Classic Rocks sales have jumped dramatically since the game came out and more and more kids are listening to it on a regular basis, so there is hope.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Dali, cool story. Brought me back to when my kids were that age. Thanks for sharing, it lightened up my day.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote