Clear all

March 19th

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hello. Today is the 18th and I would just like to mention tomorrow is The day Randy rhoads passed away. Mar 19th 1982 exactly 24 years since the great man once shredded. I am the type of person who believes that When someone special to you dies, you should be happy. I dont think that one person would want to see you sad. Of coure this is to only a certain degree. I think you should be happy that there moving onto the next plane or level or life whatever be your religion. Anyways as you know, RR is my favorite guitarist of all time and I find it at least respectful for me to say something.
His death is most certainly not a happy for me. :cry: Anyways fellow guitarists, keep playing your fullest at least while your alive.. :(

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I thought Randy was a great guitarist, and from interviews I've read about him, he seemed to be a very kind person as well. I was really into Ozzy at the time of Randy's death, and I was living in Detroit at the time, and had made plans to go to their concert, but something came up & prevented me from going. I thought, "I'll just catch them next time...". The next week Randy passed away. It was a shame, he had alot to offer to the world. I used to have Quiet Riot's 1st LP, (no, not Mental Health!), with Randy Rhoades playing lead guitar. He even co-wrote alot of the songs, and some by himself. Very good stuff there too.

R.I.P. Randy.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

His death is most certainly not a happy for me.

Nor should it be. He was a great guitarplayer and we can be happy about what he left behind. But the death of someone special to you is never a happy thing no matter how you look at life. Be happy about the positive things he did and show respect by being sad he's gone.

RIP Mr. Rhoads. :(

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

RIP

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Randy Rhoades was one of the best. At least we still get to enjoy his music 24 years later!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote