Clear all

Meant to post this a while ago...

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

When I first started wanting an electric guitar, I was obsessed with the Slash Signature Les Paul. Well, I finally got to play one a few weeks ago, on a school band trip. Real nice guitar, sounded good and played well, but really the most remarkable thing about playing it was that I wanted one so badly. Really, it's nothing I'd buy-too expensive-but I will own a Gibson Les Paul someday. Like that beautiful flame-top standard with the zebra pickups...:twisted:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

you do realize that a Gibson Les Paul is named after Les Paul, one of the best guitarists ever.
I guess that could be considered a signature guitar. [idea]

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n_A2nL6mAWk

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

you do realize that a Gibson Les Paul is named after Les Paul, one of the best guitarists ever.

Yup. Just thought it was cool to get a chance to play a guitar I really liked.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I saw the post title and thought that you were finally going to atone for your heritic comments made about Harleys. Alas, no repentment. :cry:

Yeah, I like the LPs. Have not play the Slash sigs yet though. The local GC has three of 'em up on a wall.....

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I saw the post title and thought that you were finally going to atone for your heritic comments made about Harleys. Alas, no repentment. :cry:

Yeah, I like the LPs. Have not play the Slash sigs yet though. The local GC has three of 'em up on a wall.....

Hey Roy, is that Behemoth of yours Leaking oil or just marking its territory? 8)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hey Roy, is that Behemoth of yours Leaking oil or just marking its territory? 8)

The LP or the Harley? :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

(Leaning back in my chair...) Yeah....I remember when Gibson came to me asking if they can create a sig model for me. I said.."Na..the world isn't ready for that just yet"

I can see the ads now..."The Gibson Blueline....if you can only play three chords, this guitar is for you."

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

"The Gibson Blueline....if you can only play three chords, this guitar is for you."
As my manager used to say 'That's 3 more than i can play' :lol:

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I can see the ads now..."The Gibson Blueline....if you can only play three chords, this guitar is for you."

:) Yep, I think my signature model would only have the first 3 frets.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

You Harley guys never let it go, do you? :lol:

Okay, okay, I'll admit it: I really really like the Dyna Glide and the Street Rod.

ReplyQuote
(@spides)
Estimable Member

Man I can't think of two cooler things in the world. Les Pauls and Harleys. I think I could die happy if I had accomplished the ownership of a 50's style LP (Tobacco sunburst with the quilting coz its sexy) And my own custom "Spider" Chopper. Perhaps based on either soft-tail, Dyna or sportster style. Maybe a bit of all three. Man i would be cool.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

ReplyQuote