Clear all

Megadeth's TH1RT3EN!!!!

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@legendaryk4)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Anyone else excited as I am for Megadeth's new upcoming album TH1RT3EN. It releases this November, then they are going on a tour for that album. I love the new feel to the band since they got Chris Broderick. He is an amazing musician and I wish to someday play like him. Post your favorite past album from Megadeth. Mine is currently Youthanasia. No Megadeth haters either, Metallica is my number 1 band but Megadeth is easily 2nd.

(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

I know hardly any megadeth so I never got into them - but I hate kill em all (for the most part) which has a big Mustaine influence I am told so I may hate megadeth too. Maybe if I had a friend who had exposed me to them during my "metal phase" - yeah guys, I'm totally not kidding, I had a metal phase but I NEVER liked anything that was just shouting. If you wanna hear a cool metal band that most people don't know check out "Jerkstore" and the song "Hard words, softly spoken" I used to email the singer, he was such a nice guy!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVpgQwrqmp8

I still have soft spot for GOOD metal band like that!

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@legendaryk4)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

You should really check out more of the later Megadeth albums then... You probally just dont like the thrash metal aspect of them... they are and always will be thrash but there new stuff is totally different from there original standing. Just because you dont like a single album, such as Kill em' all, doesnt mean you should not listen to there other albums.

Metal isnt for everyone but if you like some then you should at least give them a chance.

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Honestly it's not that it's thrash, I like all the other early metallica albums - even justice - they are all thrash!

I also heard a megadeth song once which went like "hello me" and it was pants! Anyway, recommend me their best songs and I will look into it.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@legendaryk4)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Honestly it's not that it's thrash, I like all the other early metallica albums - even justice - they are all thrash!

I also heard a megadeth song once which went like "hello me" and it was pants! Anyway, recommend me their best songs and I will look into it.

The song you are thinking of with "Hello Me" is Sweating bullets fro the countdown to extinction album. If I had to choose there BEST songs. Hmmmm... So many to choose from!

1. Holy Wars
2. Tornado of souls
3. This day we fight!
4. Addicted to Chaos
5. Tout de le monde
6. Hanger 18
7. Peace Sells
8. In my Darkest Hour

Then a couple other songs to check out are "Tears in a vial" and "The hardest Part of Letting Go Sealed with a Kiss".

Then my top 3 ablums are:

Rust in Peace
Youthanasia
Endgame

- Legendaryk4

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I used to be big into Megadeth when I was a young. I still listen to Megadeth. My first album was Rust In Peace. Does not like Remixed and Remastered though. At one point before my hiatus I learned parts of "Peace Sells...", "Symphony of Destruction", "Sweating Bullets" & "Train of Consequences".

The album that I really ended up liking is The World Needs A Hero. "Dread And The Fugitive Mind" is one of my favorite Megadeth songs.

I think I'm 2 or 3 albums behind since there is so much music out there to be discovered.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote