Clear all

met this jerk today...

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

some random kid from my school who has only been playing guitar one year.....he is the richest kid in the school he has 2 farraris and he lives on the bridal path (the richest street in toronto)

if that was all that was up i wouldn't be pissed....but the kid says he has a gibson les paul, an SG and a 70's edition strat, aswell as a martin acousitc and three other acoustics including a larivee.....im so gelous....he probably sucks at guitar too

$MAX$

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I am curious,
Was he bragging about his stuff?
What exactly is it that makes him a Jerk?
Just having money and possesions in itself doesn't make a person bad.
I can see if he treated you bad or said things to offend you but if it is just a case of jealousy maybe if you get to know him you may find out he is not what you perceived him to be.
Everyone needs friends no matter what their financial situation is.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Rise above, my man.

Folks don't make it big because they have the most gear, they make it because they play the best. So play your butt off!

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

maxo127

Chances are he takes lessons from the best teacher in town and is pretty good. :(

You can't let things like this bother you. If it makes you feel better, the majority of famous musicians came from the "wrong side of the tracks"

People who aren't so fortunate often have greater drive. Many times people who have things given to them easily do not have this. When the going gets tough, they quit. This is because they have never had to struggle.

So play your guitar every day. Get a job at McDonalds and save your dough. Buy that $1000 guitar and $700 amp because you can't afford the pricey models. Get yourself in a band and bust your you know what.

Then maybe someday when you are up on the stage, you will see this guy looking up at you asking for your autograph. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I am curious,
Was he bragging about his stuff?
What exactly is it that makes him a Jerk?
Just having money and possesions in itself doesn't make a person bad.
I can see if he treated you bad or said things to offend you but if it is just a case of jealousy maybe if you get to know him you may find out he is not what you perceived him to be.
Everyone needs friends no matter what their financial situation is.

man....he is a nice guy...i don't dislike him i was just making a joke..

im gunna get invited to his house and play the les paul, while sitting in the 360 spider...

8)

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Rise above, my man.

Folks don't make it big because they have the most gear, they make it because they play the best. So play your butt off!

8)

Almost all the kids at my school are pretty rich (Or at least richer than me) , so I got over the jealous thing a long time ago. Well... Almost... :lol:

I've just thought about it, and I came up with this: It's all about the music, baby. :) 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

when you play one of his guitars dont use a pick

use the car keys for his Spider.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

when you play one of his guitars dont use a pick

use the car keys for his Spider.

i doubt it has keys i bet its like a code thing...lol they are trading it in for an F430 or watever its called

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Max...I grew up in the projects and raised by a single mom. We were very poor and my only choices after high school were either find a job or join the Army (that's what my friends did). Well since I had a problem with authority I figured the Army might not be a good choice. So I worked in a factory (with my mom) for 9 years (6 years in this factory and 3 in another) and I made $3.65 per hour...I was going to grow up poorer than I already was!

Well the best thing that could have happened did....I got laid off! I took my severence pay and enrolled in community college...eventually qualified for aid and went to a 4 year college. I ended up getting an assistantship for grad school and I only had to pay for books (I got the assistantship because I excelled in my undergrad..brag..brag :lol: ). Now I am a teacher...(my friends STLL can't believe that one!)

My point is that what Wes said is so true...there is drive that the "have not's" sometimes have. The drive to succeed. I am still not rich but I have a retirement to look forward to and I have money to support my guitar addiction!

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

The rich are the only people in the world denied the luxury of believing that money will solve all of their problems.

And if that doesn't work.... Sour grapes.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Marry the sister, borrow the gear. They can't use it all at once. :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Marry the sister, borrow the gear. They can't use it all at once. :twisted:

Don't marry just make the gf. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

I know how you feel, dude. I bought my first electric guitar, amp, and pretty much everything music-related since with my own money - even lessons (it's gonna be worth it someday!)

(also, offer to buy one of his guitars when he gets bored with it - or get in a band with him, make him rhythm guitar, and have him pay to get recorded)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

The fact of the matter is, his parents HAVE the money and obviously want to support him in his wants and desires. Can you blame him, Hell no! His parents are footing the bill and it comes down to the “have” and the “have knots”.

It really doesn't matter how much you have, it's what you do with what you have. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

just keep working hard, make a lot of money, and someday you'll have spoiled children, too.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2