Clear all

Metallica?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I've been on a huge Metallica kick lately. I'm not generally a metalhead but there's something about H&H's dual guitarwork and James's vocals I can't get enough of. Anyone else with me?

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'm with you a bit. I've never been a big fan of Metallica although I like some of their songs. I recently learned Enter Sandman and Sadbut True, well the rhythm anyway. Been playing Enter Sandman alot cuz I love the riff, haven't played Sad but True much.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Best guitar riffs from Metallica are in Call of Ktulu, in my opinion. Check it out.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

For me, it is 'Nothing else matters'. Sounds great on the classical...

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Yeah I like them more and more, learning some of their songs.

I learned Nothing Else Matters, which I really enjoy to play and I'm now working on Master of Puppets, nice one too.

I know some riff of Enter Sandman too

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I haven't learned anything of theirs yet-just been dialing my rig in somewhat like Kirk's and fiddling to find a tone I like. So far I've come up with:

Amp:
-Volume: 10
-Bass: 10
-Mids: 2
-Treble: 5
Guitar:
Neck pickup for rhythm
-Tone: 0
Bridge for lead
-Tone: 10

Simple :twisted: . Just the way I like it. I've been dialing this in with my modeler, of course, since my amp has no controls, but I'll pick up an EQ pedal soon and get a more in-depth setup.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Bah! I'm a Megadeth man myself ;) I love the black album, and their take on Whiskey in the Jar, but I'm not really that keen on anything else. Nice tones though.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote