18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

The Day That Never Comes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4xpFMNc3VY
Cyanide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzxoMpfNwEM

What do you guys think? And im mostly curious to know what group of Metallica fans like it and which didn't...Youtube doesn't give any clarity on the matter. Now I hate their last 3 albums (Load, Reload, St.Anger) but I personally like both the new songs. Especially Cyanide - the intro and particularly the main riff kick major ass IMO. Other cool bits too, like the brief harmony at the end of the solo dropping back into the main riff.
The Day That Never Comes took 2 or 3 listens before I liked it. Not as good, sounds like they tried too hard.
Overall their sound so far seems like a splicing of LoadReload era and old school Metallica...Which turns out to be quite good :twisted:

(@97reb)
Noble Member

Personally, I don't really like anything after Master Of Puppets. I listen to it sometimes, but it really isn't that incredible to me like Master was

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

I don't like metallica period

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I like all of Metallica's music. I've gotta say they're one of my biggest inspirations musically, i'm currently trying to work through the final solo to Fade to Black. I like their new stuff, I really liked Cyanide and The Day that never comes is starting to grow on me the more and more i hear it, I especially like the beginning: it kind of has the same feel as fade to black.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I like all of Metallica's music. I've gotta say they're one of my biggest inspirations musically, i'm currently trying to work through the final solo to Fade to Black. I like their new stuff, I really liked Cyanide and The Day that never comes is starting to grow on me the more and more i hear it, I especially like the beginning: it kind of has the same feel as fade to black.

I been figuring out the first few minutes of TDTNC and the main riff is so damn fiddly with the pick at first. I think of that song as like a mix Fade to Black, the Unforgiven and One...but absolutely nowhere near as good as either lol

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

who?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I like up to "...And Justice For All", but there are those songs here and there I that I like from "Load" and on.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Never really got into Metallica - but they're good at what they do, and they stick to what they're good at. Maybe because I've never listened to them much, a lot of what they do sounds to me very samey - but then again, those who love Metallica would say, "Ah! That's their signature sound!"

I'll stay on the fence with this one - nothing I'd automatically switch off, but nothing much to turn me on either.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Personally, I don't really like anything after Master Of Puppets. I listen to it sometimes, but it really isn't that incredible to me like Master was
Yeah, Masters was AWESOME! I wish they would have done an extended play of masters. 8 songs wasn't enough.

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

who?

AHAHA hahhhahaaaa OMG, that is toooooo funny!

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i thought maybe another category or 2 was needed.
i don't sit on fences, and i bathe regularly.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I haven't been into Metallica since the "black" album. Not much of their stuff since then has done anything for me.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Another one :D Im impressed! http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136 - My Apocalypse

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601104

Cant believe im actually liking stuff their writing again!

The vocals in that song remind me a bit of the Slayer guy at times...Whatishisname lol

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

I don't know yet, i'm optimistic though.
I remember starting a thread here about 2 -3 years ago for the petition going around started by fans, to get metallica to fire bob rock and work with a new producer...wasn't very popular if i recall :D , anyway everybody was for rubin to produce the band's next album, which he's now done, but i can't shake this feeling that the songs seem forced.

But this is where it gets complicated for me, metallica have a very loyal fanbase that got older and matured with the band, For me allot of what made Master Of Puppets (and all earlier albums for that matter) great was at that time in my life i was young crazy - a different person then now, and i still listen to that album today and love it, it takes me back to that time - my own personal delorean if you will, but it's rooted in memories of who i was then and what was going on in my life, i'm sure many people have that same connection.

People change, i think if Master Of Puppets or even Justice came out now (After the loads and St ANger) the majority of people would bash the album.

That's not a reflection of the songs it's just we change and our likes and dislikes change, my point is i don't think it's a question of are these songs better than MOP or previous albums, it's just what do i like now when i hear it the 1st time, what moves me now?
For me it's a question i thought i'd never even think of.. have i out grown my favourite band? :(
i dont't know yet i'll see September 12th

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

All i can say is that i watched them at reading and cyanide was absolutly incredible. But then so was being at a metallica gig

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2