Notifications
Clear all

Michael kelly guitars

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@rbt36)
Topic starter  

Could somebody please give me some insight on the Michael Kelly arena guitar pack? I had a very nice Washburn WD-55_SW Augusta but it cracked right down the middle of the bridge down to the bottom of the guitar. It was my baby! I got a very good deal (I thought) because the front was 2-toned but it cracked down the seam. I only paid $300 dollars for it and it retailed for more than half that. I want to get something that is quality,has a good sound,and will last me a long time. I can"t find any reviews of this guitar. It sells for $379 wit an amp,strap,bag,and tuner. I played the one in the store and the tone was pretty awesome. I just would like someone else's opinion. Thanks!

(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

That Washburn is a pretty good guitar, why not get it fixed or fix it? It's a pretty simple job. I haven't played a Michael Kelly, but when a guitar plays well I keep it.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i had a guitar that cracked like that. the put a cleat underneath it. or were supposed to. i don't know if they actually did it on mine. but it's an easy repair, as Nick said.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

easy repair. a good luthier may charge 150$ .

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I can't comment on the Kelly guitar, but I have a Washburn HB35 and it is a really nice guitar. If it cracked, I'd have it repaired (unlikly as it's a semi-hollow, but you know what I mean).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote