Clear all

More Cowbell!

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

You have to watch this one - I cracked up laughing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SzusxVofHc&search=more%20cowbell

While we're on the subject, fave song featuring cowbell? The all-time classic has to be HTW - and if you can't work that out there's no hope whatsoever for you.......unless you're under the age of 7, say, and never heard of the Rolling Stones......

I really can't think of any off the top of my head......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@Anonymous)

I thought that's what that was...this is a skit from Saturday Night Live....I remember when this first aired on TV...I was dying when I saw Collin Farrell's belly hanging out of his shirt!

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Ha! That was sweet. Thanks Vic.

I think a couple Enya songs had cowbells. The song "Moon and Cello" by Piana also has a cowbell...so i guess thats my fav.
:)

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Testing new avatar... :shock:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Hmm....Cowbell! I love that skit it's wicked. It would seem that around these parts, anytime a person has a fever of any sorts, some one recommends them more cowbell.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

While we're on the subject, fave song featuring cowbell? The all-time classic has to be HTW - and if you can't work that out there's no hope whatsoever for you.How about Corky Laing's "insistent" intro to "Mississippi Queen," by Mountain? (That's the word Andy Aledort used in the "Signature Licks" book Blues-Rock Guitar Masters, and I gotta agree.) The passage is short, but is as recognizable as that of "HTW," I think. (Even before the Em pentatonic guitar stuff roars in.)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

In addition to "Honky Tonk Women", how about "A Hard Day's Night"?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

This is one of my all time favs! :lol:

Thanks for posting it Vic! 8)

"I got a fever!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Talk about a fever pitch.

I need to go buy some more cowbells for my kit today....

GASSING........... :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Check out my signature! Good times!

I'm pretty sure "Hair of the Dog" has cowbell. Love that tune.

I also like Van Halen "Dance the Night Away" - I believe the cowbell starts the song. I could be wrong.

And I also think "Cum on Feel the Noize" had a fair amount of cowbell.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

I thought that's what that was...this is a skit from Saturday Night Live....I remember when this first aired on TV...I was dying when I saw Collin Farrell's belly hanging out of his shirt!
Collin Farrell?

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Collin Farrell.....hehe. I think Chad Smith would be insulted, oh wait...Will Farrell.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Yeah, this skit and the whole "more cowbell" thing is a real cultural phenomenon that has taken on a life of its own here in the States.

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

We're an American Band - Grand Funk Railroad

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Vic

Thanks so much for this video. I used to have it downloaded to my computer at work, but have changed jobs and lost it. I was just thinking about this video the other day and wondering where I could get it again.

I don't know what it is about Christopher Walken, but I have always thought he is an incredible actor. No matter what he does you cannot take your eyes off him. And he is great in this video, as well as all the others. I like when the drummer almost loses it and laughs. They couldn't do this video over if they tried a thousand times.

"I've got a fever, and there's only one cure, MORE COWBELL" :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2