Clear all

More proof

62 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

...diversity...Keane...
Keane = Coldplay = Snow Patrol = blah = blah = ZZZzzz.

http://www.EverythingSoundsLikeColdplayNow.com/

I hope that was a joke. Whatever you may think of them (can't stand Keane too much myself) you can't seriously compare Coldplay with Keane. Keane is much more straightforward piano pop whereas Coldplay (espescially on their superbly produced X&Y) has much, much more depth to their tracks. The way in which multiple simple guitar tracks combine into a seemingly single guitar track, the way themes are being spread and extended on by multiple instruments, the electronic soundscaping that basically glued the entire CD even more together, Coldplay deserves a lot more credit then they are being given. IMHO ofcourse.

And for the rest see the posts above this one.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I don't claim to be an expert on those particular bands - I turn off/over when any of them come on now. I used to quite like Coldplay at first, but they just never seemed to go anywhere with what they'd started. Back when I was paying at least some attention the others seemed all the same to me. Maybe they weren't, but I'm certainly not going to bother digging out their songs to check :) The point of posting that link was that are other people out there who think the same, whether we're all wrong or not.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5