Clear all

Music makes me happy

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@gutfiddle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I really love music and now that I can play guitar alittle it makes it so much more enjoyable. For instance, I work in an office w/ a 43 yr old guy from colombia who played bass in a salsa band and loves classic rock and I am a 28 yr old florida cracker who loves classic country. Anyway, we dont have much in common but he will hear a song on the radio and at lunch time when the bossman leaves we try to figure it out. Today he wanted to give "Sundown" by Gordon Lightfoot a shot, I wasnt familiar w/ the song and didnt have a capo or a twelve string but he figured out the chords w/ my acoustic bass and I figured out the strumming pattern and some of the leads and we really had fun w/ it. No point really just had to tell someone about the "high" i feel when figuring out a song and jammin w/ someone :P .

Thinkin' bout the times we had
Some were good and some were bad
guitar fightin' the tv
i was thinkin bout you and me

(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Those are the moments that musicians live for, no? :smile: Glad to hear such a happy tale!

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Oh yeah. The man (or woman) who creates music, is the man that truelly lives.

Improvisation is the musical nirvana for me. Im not at the point where I can say exactly what I want to consistently. But, every now and then, something really magical comes out and there are no words for how great it feels. Everyone should learn to improv. Its worth the time and effort.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote