Notifications
Clear all

Need opinions on a song

17 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@liontable)
Estimable Member

If you don't enjoy playing those kind of songs, it's probably a bad idea to do so. It'll probably suck any fun you have completely out of it. If there's one thing people love to see, it's people enjoying themselves on stage. Professionals can hide it, sure, but even the biggest bands have an off-night every now and then.

I'm a bit like TR: there's no way you'll have me dancing. I'll come for good music, songs I can sing along to and just things I might not have heard before. Different crowds have different expectations, and you won't be able to please everyone. If it's just a hobby, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Too much water in the wine makes it lose its taste. When people start knowing you for what you love, that's what people want you to do. If people know you as a band that loves Mustang Sally so much you play it every time ...

The Pretender and Everlong will get huge responses, if you guys like those. People won't necessarily dance, but a great deal will start singing along. People who sing generally have dry throats, incidentally :wink: . As long as a lot of people come to see you, the owner should be happy enough, unless the USA is that different.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yea Lion I like both of those FF songs too. I think we'll end up doing what we are doing and try to keep somewhat of a mix, I don't think we'd ever have alot of dance stuff but one or two sure fire ones in each set mightbe enough.

Anotehr one that will get people dancing and that I don't hate as much as Mustang Sally is Play that funky music white boy, always goes over well.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2