Clear all

Need some Santana type music

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Not sure where to post this, but here goes.

I've listened to Santana for years and have always loved that real primitive, tribal sound a lot of his songs have and want to listen to other artists with that type of sound. If you've heard songs of his like "Jingo", "Soul Sacrifice", "Savor", "Guajira", "Se A Cabo", "Jungle Strut", "Banbeye", etc then you know the sound I'm talking about.

I just haven't been able to find many other artists that are similar in that respect and don't even know exactly where to look. I mean, there's lots of Latin music out there obviously, and a lot of it's great, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for music with that very heavy Santana-esque African/Cuban/Brazillian type feel to it. Something with lots of loud percussion especially. Doesn't necessarily have to have guitar in it, but if it does, even better. Something with a real strong African vibe to it. Anyone have any suggestions?

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Give Pandora a whirl - it'll take Santana as in input and show you similar sounding bands/artists, and even let you hone in on various aspects of the music you like an concentrate its search there... fantastic site when you're looking out for something new.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

that is a good idea.Pandora radio. I have found some bands there too.

the early Santana. I haven't heard anyone play like that since.
even Carlos himself doesn't play that way any longer. sniff.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I was gonna suggest Pandora, too. Great way to find stuff of a similar style. Dunno how they do that, but they do it well.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote