Clear all

New albums for 2007

24 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@petandro)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So 2007 is shaping up to be a great year for new albums, already so far we've had the shins and bloc party's new efforts (both excellent), as well as the new kaiser chiefs (haven't heard this yet, back am looking forward to it). Over the next few months there's a new one from Black Rebel Motorcycle Club ("Baby 81"), Queens of the Stone Age ("Eva Vulgaris"), the White Stripes ("Icky Thump"), and the one i'm looking forward to the most: Kings of Leon - Because of the times.
Thoughts, or comments on albums you're looking forward to this year?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I'm waiting for Kittie - Funeral for Yesterday to be released in Canada. It's already out in the US.

ReplyQuote
(@petandro)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

That reminds me of another one, the new arcade fire, canadians am i right? has been getting some rave reviews in my part of the world

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

if you haven't heard ex-Velvet Underground John Cale's stuff, I recommend his new live album (Circus) . 5 stars and the price quite affordable. It comes with an accompanying DVD.
I'm waiting for the new Iggy Pop and the Stooges album now.

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I just purchased last week JJ Cale and Eric Claptons' 'THe Road to Escondido' - it's pretty cool, it's the first time they have collaborated together, and apparently Cale was always a hero of EC. I think it came out in 2006, anyways I just sighted it in the shop and had to have it.

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

Neil Young's continuing the releases of his archival material, next one out tomorrow, I'll definitely pick that up.

@Petandro - you mentioned the BRMC... I really liked Howl, but I don't know anything about their previous music (except that it's not like Howl). Know anything about the next one?

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@whisperwind)

Sonata Arctica's Unia is number one on my list...I believe it's out next month...Then it would probably be Elvenking's new album, I'm not even sure if they've named that yet. I've been following Sonata Arctica for a while now and I really can't wait for this! Another album to memorize! *sigh*

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

LCD Soundsystem's 'Sound of Silver' is out recently. Especially like Someone Great, Tribulations and Watch the Tapes. The last is a lot of fun. The chorus/chant is "Read all the pamphlets and watch the tapes!"

Sondre Lerche's 'Phantom Punch'

Andrew Bird's 'Armchair Apocrypha' has some cool stuff if you are into strange folk rock stuff

Menomena's 'Friend and Foe'

Of Montreal ... 'Hissing Fauna, are You the Destroyer?'

I think Robyn Hitchcock is due out with some new material, as there's a new tune playing, So You Think You're in Love. It's a kind of mainstream for him (unfortunately)

Hoping for more from Yo La Tengo, The Cardigans (never thought I'd say that, but ...),

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@petandro)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@Petandro - you mentioned the BRMC... I really liked Howl, but I don't know anything about their previous music (except that it's not like Howl). Know anything about the next one?

yeah if you head along to the BRMC website they have a couple of tracks up there that you can have a listen too. Based on my memory of those, the sound is a bit of a mix of Howl and the earlier albums, ie a bit rockier

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

I think Robyn Hitchcock is due out with some new material, as there's a new tune playing, So You Think You're in Love. It's a kind of mainstream for him (unfortunately)

I'm interested in this Robyn Hitchcock also.
Now speaking of big re-relases, finally the long awaited Warren Zevon's live album 'Stand in the Fire' has been issued for the first time in CD ,remastered and with bonus tracks. If you haven't heard Zevon live, you shouldn't miss this one.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

New Megadeth this year. I can't remember the name of the album though.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

All pale into insignificance - there's a new Rush album out on 30 April, "Snakes and Arrows"

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@se7en)
Eminent Member

I'm waiting for...

Arctic Monkeys - Favorite Worst Nightmare
Jimmy Eat World - Promised new Album - No date yet
Linkin Park - Coming Soon...

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

looking forward to the new rush album, and the new guns-n-roses 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

All pale into insignificance - there's a new Rush album out on 30 April, "Snakes and Arrows"

A :-)

Yeah, boy! Rock on!

By the way, I just saw an ESPN fantasy baseball commercial - shot like a music video. And who was playing bass guitar? Mr. Geddy Lee.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2