Skip to content
New Year's Resoluti...

Notifications
Clear all

New Year's Resolutions (Guitar related or not)

24 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

I resolve to:
1) start a new religion based on Sith ideals
2) abolish democracy in Canada and turn it into the first Canadian Empire
3) smack anyone upside the head who "resolves to stop making resolutions"
4) stop using the words "sorry" and "apologize" as I feel they are admissions of guilt
5) Get promoted
6) Get new glasses
7) Learn to be more tactful rather than being overly honest

That's all I got. I don't smoke and don't have any weight to lose so I was kinda stuck.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I resolve to:

3) smack anyone upside the head who "resolves to stop making resolutions"

That's all I got. I don't smoke and don't have any weight to lose so I was kinda stuck.

Ouch.
I can feel the Sith influence already.

What happened to number 7, Sunshine?

OK, OK. I resolve to learn to play Dust in the Wind this year.
There.
Happy?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, I'm tanking the smoking efforts again. I've been on my last pack now for 5 days. Grrrrrr. Need to get strong. Maybe I start Tuesday. I am still losing weight though. Slowly, but losing. This is how I resisted desert this evening. "Hey Hon, after you clean them dishes and pans out real good, make some coffee and then why don't you fetch me and Frank some coffee and a couple slices of that carrot cake." while we were watching the ball game. That plan backfired on me though, as she brought me cake and coffee. Hmmmmmmm Scary now. She ALWAYS gets even with me. :shock:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Well, I'm tanking the smoking efforts again. I've been on my last pack now for 5 days. Grrrrrr. Need to get strong. Maybe I start Tuesday.

Hang in there, we are all with you. It's a tough gig, and your will and persistence will pay off, despite a couple of slow starts. All the very best! b.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I didn't resolve to quit making resolutions. I never started.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Careful, she's got a mean right hand smack.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Drinkin'? Sex and drugs and rock and roll? There's always something.....

I'm still drinking, still smoking, and still TRYING to rock'n'roll. Never did drugs, and as for the other - well, let's just say it's been a while. The drinking and smoking aren't all that heavy these days - I've given up trying to give up smoking. Put a guitar in my hand though, I soon forget about nicotine.....

OK, I resolve to be MORE rock'n'roll this year.....

But clean my act up a bit? Just a little bit? Will that do?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Spend less time on forums & more time playin'.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

1) Finish the darn album already
2) Be ready for live performances at the end of the year
3) Get my head cleared of all prescribed and not-so prescribed drugs
4) Live a healthy live in general
5) Gain world domination for cheap

Technically I started #3&4 early december already, didnt see the point of waiting a month just for the sake of waiting. I've gained some weight so I'm no longer underweight anymore. The album will be done within two months so I've got the rest of the year to focus on practicing live performances and become Ruler of the World.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2