0 Likes
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Yeah HNGD!

It looks fab - congratulations :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

The only thing wrong was the end pin jack was a little loose. I had to tighten it and that was it. Thumbs up Epiphone!
Isn't that standard on Epi's?

I know what you're waying about the "Grover Tuners". I'm sure mine are different than yours, but my "Grovers" said nothing on them. They function well, though, so that it the biggest battle and it's won. (my '05 custom has "Grover" stamped in it. I wonder what the deal is)

So, what are you and TF going to play with your newest toys?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, all my other Grovers say Grover on the back ....... especially on the Agiles. :lol: What to play? We have only had a few minutes due to work. We will see what tomorrow night brings. I gotta work again. We fooled with a little Boston. Maybe some Nirvana though. Stay tuned! 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Excellent news that it's arrived and it lived up to expectations. :D

Looks great too. TR, you are a highly valued role model for those of us with the weakness for collecting instruments. :note1: :note2: :note1: :mrgreen:

After reading the start of this thread it occurred to me that I was also in need of just such a guitar...... Something with a body that was smaller and thinner than the rather awkward full sized dreadnought style. Something that could sit on a stand near my desk and be grabbed and played immediately as the mood occurs (the ones kept in cases tend to stay that way). I have a nylon strung Ibanez that's very similar in size and shape and it's become my everyday go-to guitar. So, after reading this thread it seemed blindingly obvious that it needed a steel strung partner (how could I have missed that before??).

Alas, the local shops all seemed to be out of stock of the Epi PR5. :cry:

But the Yamaha APX500 is fairly similar specs. I've had good experiences with Yammy gear. I checked yesterday and a local shop had some at a good price. Also made in Indonesia. Why wait? Whoosh.....

I've been playing it in since and it gets better every hour. Thanks TR, you're my inspiration. No matter how many I buy I feel sure that you'll always be comfortably ahead of me. :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

No problem Chris, just trying to hold up my end here. That Yamaha is a fine looking instrument. A friend of mine has the full thickness version and he absolutely loves it. It sounds amazing too. I messed with the Epiphone a little before work this afternoon. I really like it alot. Let us know more about your Yamaha! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Here is what they look/sound like!

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=51137